Alternate picking, string skipping arpeggios, and some sweeping - don't like it, chords.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
Chromatic scales up to the 15th fret and back down to the first. Then a scale and it's modes up and down the neck in three note per string patterns. After that I usually will work just on my right hand technique with a metronome or, if I'm lazy, I'll put on Metallica's "Disposable Heroes" and run through that. The down picking in that song is a good warm up.
Chromatic runs up and down for about 10 mins. Stretch, then about another 10 mins of chromatic runs. Probably not the best way to warm up, but it gets the job done.
Large, exaggerated motions with both my picking and fretting hands just to loosen things up, and then some short scalar exercises at a moderate tempo so I can lock in rhythmically.
Random chord changes. Major scale and modes up and down the neck. I also like to do Frank Gambale's Chop Builder from time to time. A lot of people think it is lame, but I have a good time and it works for me. Haha.
I still think stretching is much better than doing worthless chromatics that train incorrect muscle memory.
Quote by hansome21
I still think stretching is much better than doing worthless chromatics that train incorrect muscle memory.

While those are two completely different things I agree that chromatic exercises aren't the best thing to practise. They don't really teach your fingers anything. Stretching is important.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by Flibo
While those are two completely different things I agree that chromatic exercises aren't the best thing to practise. They don't really teach your fingers anything. Stretching is important.

What about finger independence? and picking 4 notes per string, I wouldnt call chromatics worthless..just boring lol
Quote by metalmetalhead
What about finger independence? and picking 4 notes per string, I wouldnt call chromatics worthless..just boring lol

They're good for your finger independence if you pay attention to it. Most people don't, and just roll their wrists with their fingers doing the least work. Well yeah, they're good as anything for your picking hand though.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
I usually play some scales and modes using the pattern 1, 1 2 1, 1 2 3 2 1, 1 2 3 4 3 2 1, and so forth. Its a pattern we used in brass methods (I was a bass trombone player once upon a time) and I find it gets the mind and fingers working.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.