So, I leave for college in about 4 days. I really want to take both my electric and classical guitars with me. It shouldn't be difficult to take the classical one, but I was wondering how to deal with an amp. Right now I have a fender Hot Rod Deluxe sitting at home, and it's way to big to take around. I was thinking of getting some sort of Multi-effects processor to plug into my computer speakers to use as a sort of makeshift amplifier. What would everyone suggest I do?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Buy a cheap interface and torrent amplitube.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
$50 vox amplifier for headphones = best college investment I ever made. Then if you ever get a gig or something, just rent an amp for the weekend for like $20
Funky c, Funky do
so the headphone amplifier doesn't have any speakers? I'd like to be able to play through speakers too.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
^ If you want speakers, you could do something like a ZT Lunchbox, which has a headphone output, and get a distortion pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Invest in a used small modelling amp. It's what a couple my mates and I did.
I also have a triple wreck distortion pedal that I'm probably gonna take along; it's very small and gives nice heavy distortion. would it work with those amps?
Quote by pielover375
Also, is the computer speakers + effects processor idea a bad one?
Quote by pielover375