So looks like I will meet this girl and we will play a bit together. We already thought about starting out with covering. She plays acoustic for about a year and i play acoustic for about 3 years.

I have thought about it a while and for me the best thing would be if i would play guitar, she would sing and do some background guitar. The problem is I dont really know if she can sing.

How do you think i should approach this and what is the best way to find out if she can sing without "pushing" her too much?

Sry for my english

Thanks alot!

Oh and we met online, so I haven't seen her yet! (well, except for pictures)
Ask if she can sing?

Then ask if she can sing and play.

Then wait and see which shes better at, if she cant sing and play that is.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Why not just get together & play anyway? When you hear her you can decide if she can sing or not.

Even if it doesn't lead anywhere, the experience of playing with someone else will be good for both of you.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I asked her and she said something like: "I don't really like to sing in front of people "
Then if it becomes a band, you'll have to get someone else to do that job. Just enjoy it and see what happens.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If she doesn't wanna sing, she doesn't wanna sing.
Hmm.
Self Explationary.
You havent even met her yet?
METAL!
Quote by Weirdbag
I asked her and she said something like: "I don't really like to sing in front of people "

Looks like you'll be doing the singing then.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Weirdbag

nobody likes to sing in front of people unless they've done it before. Try encouraging her if you really want her to sing. Don't force her or she'll be pissed off and you won't get laid(assuming you want to get laid).
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
okay update: (if somebody even care)
i talked to her and she will sing a bit for me, although she don't really thinks her voice is good. (well she said her guitar teacher liked her voice)
Looks good!

Don't force her or she'll be pissed off and you won't get laid(assuming you want to get laid).

I don't think so, she is 14 and I'm 16
Quote by Weirdbag

I don't think so, she is 14 and I'm 16

My ex is 16, and i just turned nineteen yesterday. Age is irrelevant.... to an extent. I cut myself off at a three year difference.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.