its between the iphone or samsung captivate. anyone have these? or maybe even recommend something better?
If you need a phone as big as the Captivate you're trying to compensate for something...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
samsung galaxy s2 is what want

or im even liking the wp7 phones now, xbox live on a phone is attracting me.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
no point getting an iPhone by the time you get it the iPhone 11G will have been released

Androids FTW
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
no point getting an iPhone by the time you get it the iPhone 11G will have been released

Androids FTW

But it's just the same on Android because a new phone with "better specs" gets released every week.

You all lose.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
get an iphone.

im pretty sure Apple is the only company that can make a huge deal and a significant boost in sales by releasing the same phone again, but just in a different color.
Quote by Xiaoxi
But it's just the same on Android because a new phone with "better specs" gets released every week.

You all lose.

just because you hate tech wont prevent TS from buying a smart phone monsieur xiaoxi

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Xiaoxi

You all lose.

This.

They're all about the newer model to try and get you suckers to fork out 300 bucks over a minor update.

Use a carrier pigeon.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
just because you hate tech wont prevent TS from buying a smart phone monsieur xiaoxi

I don't hate tech. I hate useless pieces of shit.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't hate tech. I hate useless pieces of shit.

id be willing to bet you that more people on UG find smartphones to be useful than find them to be useless

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
id be willing to bet you that more people on UG find smartphones to be useful than find them to be useless

I have one. I can't really make an argument for it being useful. But it's fun to play with, so **** off
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Psh, they're not useful, they're just expensive toys that go out of fashion every 3 days.

This is what you really need:

Built like a brick!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I have one. I can't really make an argument for it being useful. But it's fun to play with, so **** off

Quote by Xiaoxi
Psh, they're not useful, they're just expensive toys that go out of fashion every 3 days.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/samsung_solstice_sgh_a887.jpg

Built like a brick!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470183

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
^Well I didn't say that people would think it's useless. People think a lot of things. They're wrong.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Built like a brick!

I mind as well just pay 50 dollars and get a smartphone though.
Wait for the samsung galaxy s 2 to come out. It will be coming any minute now and you wont regret it.

Do NOT waste your upgrade/money on a captivate.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by two_headed boy
I mind as well just pay 50 dollars and get a smartphone though.

Why? You're paying $50 for something that's really outdated and constantly criticized for being slow. I mean, why pay $50 when you can get that kind of thing for free?

Either go all out or don't go at all. Compromises never work out when it comes to crap like this.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
^Well I didn't say that people would think it's useless. People think a lot of things. They're wrong.

considering usefulness is an opinion, your logic is failing.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
considering usefulness is an opinion, your logic is failing.

Pssh lighten up I was kidding....

...partly....

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Pssh lighten up I was kidding....

...partly....

i dont take this argument very seriously, again as its opinion, my friend

and i was under the impression you arent either lol, thats why i made le other thread.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Xiaoxi
Why? You're paying $50 for something that's really outdated and constantly criticized for being slow. I mean, why pay $50 when you can get that kind of thing for free?

Either go all out or don't go at all. Compromises never work out when it comes to crap like this.

Thats silly, the functionality of a smart phone is leaps and bounds more useful than a feature phone. For only $50 more, I dont understand why anyone would cripple themselves.

Ive also never heard of a smartphone being slower than a feature phone. Unless you can point me to a feature phone that uses a dual core processor and graphics chips that are up to par with hand held gaming consoles. The screens technology is generations better as well.

Also, with carriers forcing you to pay for data now a days, I am getting much more out of it with my smartphone than I would be with a feature phone, where I can only browse the web. Smart phones allow me to use face book, twitter, tumblr, the list goes on. Its a small computer, a personal assistant, a more than capable phone. I use it as a planner, an agenda, I keep all of my appointments etc in it. I also use it as my mp3 player.

If you wanna talk about saving money, with my smartphone I was able to JUST use a data plan at one point thanks to VoIP. I was successfully doing this with my smart phone for a while and saved a huge chunk of money. Much more than $50. Of course, now texting plans dont cost shit, but point still stands.

I can see if you have a preference, but to say that they are useless is just silly ! I am getting a lot of functionality out of my smartphone.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Fact: The iPhone 3GS is still outselling new Droid models

EDIT: that was in May, but still probably the case
Last edited by ampoverload at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Thats silly, the functionality of a smart phone is leaps and bounds more useful than a feature phone. For only $50 more, I dont understand why anyone would cripple themselves.

Ive also never heard of a smartphone being slower than a feature phone. Unless you can point me to a feature phone that uses a dual core processor and graphics chips that are up to par with hand held gaming consoles. The screens technology is generations better as well.

Also, with carriers forcing you to pay for data now a days, I am getting much more out of it with my smartphone than I would be with a feature phone, where I can only browse the web. Smart phones allow me to use face book, twitter, tumblr, the list goes on. Its a small computer, a personal assistant, a more than capable phone. I use it as a planner, an agenda, I keep all of my appointments etc in it. I also use it as my mp3 player.

If you wanna talk about saving money, with my smartphone I was able to JUST use a data plan at one point thanks to VoIP. I was successfully doing this with my smart phone for a while and saved a huge chunk of money. Much more than $50. Of course, now texting plans dont cost shit, but point still stands.

I can see if you have a preference, but to say that they are useless is just silly ! I am getting a lot of functionality out of my smartphone.

What kind you got.
Quote by ampoverload
Fact: The iPhone 3GS is still outselling than all Droid powered phones combined

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the iphone.
Quote by ampoverload
Fact: The iPhone 3GS is still outselling than all Droid powered phones combined

Fact: android has been outselling iphones all of 2011

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Fact: android has been outselling iphones all of 2011

Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity found through US retail checks that not only is the 10-month old iPhone 4 the top selling device on both AT&T and Verizon, but Apple's older gear is also outselling new Android phones on the market.

This article is confusing, first they say what you said, then they turn it around

http://www.pcworld.com/article/227498/iphone_3gs_outselling_new_android_phones.html

I had an Android phone , and it ****ing sucked
Last edited by ampoverload at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by yellowfrizbee
But it's a slow piece of crap compared to other smartphones. The moment you buy it you're already 3-4 years behind. Apple's gonna abandon support, and all of its "cool new" features are gonna say "gee, you need iPhone 9001 to be able to use this".

And you point out a smartphone that actually has enough battery to be able to call people. Hint: dual core processors don't help with that.

...yea...they force you to pay for data when you get a SMARTPHONE....

I can't see how that's viable for most people.

I'm sayin', go big or go home. But not Captivate big, because that's just a big piece of crap.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by ampoverload
This article is confusing, first they say what you said, then they turn it around

http://www.pcworld.com/article/227498/iphone_3gs_outselling_new_android_phones.html

what they are saying is that it is outselling some android models.

android is actually obliterating sales of every competing smartphone OS

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/11/nokia-still-ahead-of-apple-in-smartphone-sales-according-to-gar/

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by SeveralSpecies

This, I can't any good argument.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
but you also have to remember that Android OS phones, that there are 10+ different companies and different model, etc. And every cell network has them.

iPhone is on ATT and verizon and are only selling 2 models right now, iphine 3gs and the 4

Plus reports are that 40% of some Android phones models are being returned
and iPhone 4 has a 1.7% return rate

http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/26/androids-dirty-secret-shipping-numbers-are-strong-but-returns-are-30-40/