So heres the deal. Ive been playing guitar all day today as there's been nothing else to do and, in short, i've got no idea what do do on it next. Ive just been learning whatever songs come to my mind but they all seem pretty bland and nothing particular striking stands out. I'd rate myself as an average guitarist and i'm looknig to see if you guys (and girls) can help. My gear is fairly limited so some stuff i doubt ill be able to set up for but yeh. Fire away. Oh and im particularly into mainstream rock, punk and indie so that might help narrow down the choices.
Quote by EndOfNothing656
Everyone can sing, its just some asshole who makes you feel bad and tells you to stop thats the problem...

Quote by randomhero93
ah I see that you're new here... so I won't be the one to slander you for spam.
I've been trying the famous smooth solo/song/whatever it is and i've got pretty far. In truth i suck at soloing. Anything remotely fast and im stuck. I'm quite ashamed to say ive never actually listened to metallica but somebody told me that enter sandman had a fairly easy solo in it. Was that a lie? Is that even old metallica haha. Thanks for the ideas
Quote by EndOfNothing656
Everyone can sing, its just some asshole who makes you feel bad and tells you to stop thats the problem...

Quote by randomhero93
Judging from the bands you like, listen to some Four Year Strong and try to play some of their stuff, its pretty fun and i bit more challenging than Blink, if it seems to fast, start slow and build up speed, it will help with your palm mutes and string skipping. Also the solo from the Middle by Jimmy Eat World is a pretty fun one to learn, and its reasonable fast.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
@Dmaj7: i've just recently discovered him so im gonna start trying to give his stuff a go soon. Even if i do end up failing. Thanks
@Blakeu224: i've been playing four years strong all today haha but ill give the middle a go. I think i tried when i first started out so hopefully ill be able to do it now cheers
Quote by EndOfNothing656

Quote by randomhero93
Quote by ajondunnfarmer
@Dmaj7: i've just recently discovered him so im gonna start trying to give his stuff a go soon. Even if i do end up failing. Thanks
@Blakeu224: i've been playing four years strong all today haha but ill give the middle a go. I think i tried when i first started out so hopefully ill be able to do it now cheers

just take your time, you will get it
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt