Hey guys,

I have a Epi LP Custom but I'm looking for a 2nd guitar for a different sound.

I'm looking at a very cool Epi LP Special with P90's which costs 300€. Very good built quality and good pickups, all around great guitar.

But for the same amount can I get a good Squier ? Or are Squier rubbish?
I was looking for a Telecaster.

Is my budget too short and should I just go with the LP P90's ?

Thanks!!!
I would suggest the Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster. It costs about €305 (at least it does here xD), and I think it's the best Telecaster on the market for that price =)
If you want a fenderish sound and an Epi-feeling,

try the Nighthawk, they are 300€
Squier Classic Vibe series is a good call for the money.

But what keeps you away from spending more money on a guitar?
Do you want a cheap guitar and upgrade it as you did with your Epiphone LP?
Well thats all I have!
I like upgrading stuff indeed, but if the stock guitar is really bad it's no point.

So Squier Classic Vibe ? Are they really good enough?
I recently bought an MiM Tele, and it working good for me so far. I would have to recommend that to you.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by alans056
Well thats all I have!
I like upgrading stuff indeed, but if the stock guitar is really bad it's no point.

So Squier Classic Vibe ? Are they really good enough?

How about saving a bit more and getting a really good guitar right away?

Just for information: unless you bought your Epiphone used, for the money you spent on the guitar and the pickups alone you could have already bought an actual Gibson Les Paul.
Quote by JesusCrisp
How about saving a bit more and getting a really good guitar right away?

Just for information: unless you bought your Epiphone used, for the money you spent on the guitar and the pickups alone you could have already bought an actual Gibson Les Paul.

I bought the Epi LP Custom new for 545€, each new pup cost me 80€, so total is 700€... We're quite FAR, FAR AWAY from an actual Gibson Les Paul Custom

I don't like spending too much on music gear at the moment because I am only a High School student and not a professional. So it' doesn't make much sense to me.

The reviews for the Squier Classic Vibe are awesome
Quote by alans056
I bought the Epi LP Custom new for 545€, each new pup cost me 80€, so total is 700€... We're quite FAR, FAR AWAY from an actual Gibson Les Paul Custom

I don't like spending too much on music gear at the moment because I am only a High School student and not a professional. So it' doesn't make much sense to me.

The reviews for the Squier Classic Vibe are awesome

Not a Les Paul Custom, a Les Paul Studio with faded finish, which costs 650€.
It might not be as pretty as yours, but it would sound much better.
No man I disagree. The name on the headstock and the pricetag aren't magical artefacts that give you the ultimate tone. But whatever.

Squier Classic Vibe sounds just perfect for me.
Quote by alans056
No man I disagree. The name on the headstock and the pricetag aren't magical artefacts that give you the ultimate tone. But whatever.

Squier Classic Vibe sounds just perfect for me.

OK, before this thread becomes ANOTHER Gibson vs. Epiphone discussion with the side topics of "Gibson is overpriced" and "Epiphone with a pickup-swap > Gibson", I leave here. Good luck.
I'm sorry if I came across as wanting to pick a fight that was not my intention. Like you I know too well to avoid that kind of discussion it always ends nowhere!
Quote by alans056
I'm sorry if I came across as wanting to pick a fight that was not my intention. Like you I know too well to avoid that kind of discussion it always ends nowhere!

OK, leaving that kind of discussion aside, for that money you can't go wrong with the Classic Vibe Tele, have fun with that if you buy one.
The Classic Vibe tele is nice, if your looking for a classic tele, the custom with Duncan Designed P-90's might also be worth checking out.

Vintage guitars are soposedly great for the price.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate