I have just purchased a new overdrive pedal, and received it earlier than expected. I was just about to dish out £40 on jack cables as all my old ones (apart from guitar-amp one) broke. . But now i am wondering, is it worth buying expensive cables for effects pedals?

Obviously, i expect the cable quality to effect the quality of the pedals sound, but i do not know how drastic the difference between a £4 and £80 cable will be.

My pedal will be going through the amps effects loop, so will not effect guitar clarity (as far as i know).

In case you its important, my equipment:
Epiphone les paul standard, Fender frontman 65r and new Marshall Guv'nor II overdrive pedal.
(yes, i dont have much)

Tldr; is it worth buying descent jack cables for effects pedals?

thanks
With the gear you have, I wouldn't worry to much about getting the best cables money can buy, but I would recommend getting cables with a lifetime guarantee, it's saves money in the long run.

Also, why are you running a distortion pedal in the effects loop?
Gear

Ibanez RG321mh
GND Strat
Laney Cub 12
Crybaby GCB-95
Boss TU-2
Digitech Bad Monkey
Marshall BB-2
EHX Little Big Muff
Joyo Ultimate Drive
SHO Clone
Boss DD-7
Boss DD-20
Boss CH-1
Daphone Volume Pedal
That was my thoughts as well, i have experience of bad cables breaking!

And on the loop, i have heard my friends GuvII put through both loop and 'normal', and both he and i prefer the loop. Tho he has a marshall mg so it may be different!

Thanks for the reply
If you go to Guitar Center (or Andertons if you're in the UK) they offer lifetime warranties, if you break one they replace it. I only payed about $10 for my longest cable and it hasn't broke yet.
you're a stone fox
award session or kabl

not convinced by lifetime warranties... i'd rather buy the cable i want, than one i might not which they'll replace...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the Ibanez Series 96 cables, professional grade cables, half the price. I still have mine. The key is getting good instrument cables, and getting excellent patch cables. Patch cables from when you are looping multiple pedals together are essential to avoid tone sucking and popping and crackling from crappy cables. If I were to spend my money on anything, it would be getting some quality patch cables.