Hello pit! So... here's the story. I just got an interview for an internship at a recording studio in San Francisco. So... what do I wear? I don't want to be under-dressed and look foolish, but I don't want to wear nice clothes and interview with someone in jeans and a t-shirt. HALP!
Dress nice, biatch. I personally would rather show up dressed nice to an informal interview than the other way around.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
A button-down and khakis.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness

Nice Jacket, plain top, jeans and shoes.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Aug 12, 2011,
Kodiak bear pelt
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
a tuxedo

i dont know, dude, if you're really not sure about what to wear, get down there early and have a look around. then, knowing what would work best, you'll no doubt have every possible combination of clothes stuffed into a bag somewhere. change like you mean business in a phone booth, and nail the interview

edit: im only mildly serious. my interviews all involve a white shirt and some 3 year old black shoes i only ever wear for kiss-ass purposes, as long as they know you aint taking it too easy, you can compensate for any wardrobe malfunctions by having a good interview.
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Aug 12, 2011,
Trouser/Chinos or smart jeans, black or grey.

Shirt, not checkered, plain or subtley striped I'd say.

Shoes. Don't have to be insanely smart, but smart enough.

Tie might be a bit much, but as long as it fits your shirt perfectly it will probably go nicely.
suit up. you know you want to. when would you ever not want to wear a suit?
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Suits are pretty much a must for any half decent job IMO.

EDIT: In regard to the interview
Quote by Duffman123

This or wear a nice shirt and soft pants.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Trousers, shirt and tie is the minimum for any decent job interview. It doesn't matter what the people interviewing you are wearing, you have to look good.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Better to be overdressed than under dressed.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I personally think if it comes to underdressing vs overdressing, in this context you should definetly take the risk of overdressing
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
Quote by TheChaz
Hello pit! So... here's the story. I just got an interview for an internship at a recording studio in San Francisco. So... what do I wear? I don't want to be under-dressed and look foolish, but I don't want to wear nice clothes and interview with someone in jeans and a t-shirt. HALP!

Stopped reading there. Assless chaps and a mesh tank top (purely based on what I know about San Francisco from miscellaneous stereotypes).
A tieless shirt that's not tucked in your black trousers.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have been to the studio before and I've met the other interns and the person who will be interviewing me. When I went they were all wearing t-shirts and jeans, but I know I'll need to dress nicer than that lol. I was leaning on slacks and button down like most people are saying. Should I go for a tie?
Quote by TheChaz

You will wear nothing and like it!
Quote by Duffman123

im chinese and my eyes are more visible than that
I'd always rather be overdressed than underdressed..Shirt and slacks with some dress shoes and you should be fine for most non-corporate interviews.
Always dress nicely for an interview. Even for a shitty job. Always. That is Interview 101.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Always dress nicely for an interview. Even for a shitty job. Always. That is Interview 101.

Yes, but how nice? I feel like a suit would be overdoing it, maybe even a tie would be too much. I'm not sure if a polo is too casual though.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Stopped reading there. Assless chaps and a mesh tank top (purely based on what I know about San Francisco from miscellaneous stereotypes).

Yes, a polo definitely is too casual. Trousers and shirt are the ABSOLUTE minimum for interview, and you're taking a big risk if you don't wear a tie.

At my last job it was standard practice to wear jeans & t-shirt in the office each day, but as soon as you had an interview for another posting you made sure you had a shirt & tie on for it, even though both you and the people interviewing you knew what you all wear the rest of the time.

If you want the job, make the effort to look like you want it. If you dress too casual, they will think you couldn't give a shit about it. If you dress too smart, you'll look like you're trying hard. You shouldn't need to post on a forum to figure out which of those is better.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by guitar_newbie
Wear jeans, a blouse and a nice jacket (without a tie).

This.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.