Hey I'm really thinking of getting a Fernandes Sustainer, I would like to make Ambient soft beautiful music, I've tryed the e-bow and i love it but i would like something where i can hold down chords!
Anyway can anyone find videos of people using the Fernandes Sustainer on clean?
I've heard it used on Distortion / Overdrive and it sounds awesome! But what does it sound like on clean? Is it smooth, lush and beautiful? Or is the timbre flat?

Also I checked out the EHX Freeze pedal but I think it kind of Modulates the sound in a weird way so im not so interested in that.
Thanks guys, those videos were great, especially the Steve Vai one.
Im convinced now to buy one!
Be wary of sustainers. They're always-on and eat through batteries very quickly. And there's a reason why you never hear their clean tone without a lot of effects backing them up. The absolute dry clean tone is very, very harsh. Add a bunch of reverb and delay or chorus and dick aroudn with the whammy and it can sound nice but that's it. The actual basic clean tone is no better than the cheapest Squire pickups.
Quote by grohl1987
Be wary of sustainers. They're always-on and eat through batteries very quickly. And there's a reason why you never hear their clean tone without a lot of effects backing them up. The absolute dry clean tone is very, very harsh. Add a bunch of reverb and delay or chorus and dick aroudn with the whammy and it can sound nice but that's it. The actual basic clean tone is no better than the cheapest Squire pickups.

IIRC the sustainer pickups use the signal from the bridge pickup in some form or another so that's probably why.

Btw, TS, the sustainer pickup isn't very good for chords due to the varying thicknesses of strings. The single magnet system just can't hold notes on every string equally.
Quote by Pac_man0123
IIRC the sustainer pickups use the signal from the bridge pickup in some form or another so that's probably why.

Btw, TS, the sustainer pickup isn't very good for chords due to the varying thicknesses of strings. The single magnet system just can't hold notes on every string equally.

Yeh I've checked it out abit more and I have changed my mind again.
I think i will stick with using a cello bow lol Jimmy Page / Sigur ros style!
It will be cheaper and look cooler aswell!
The first one will be cheaper. When you shred through the bowhairs and have to but another, that's when i gets pricey....
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!