Hey folks,

I got an idea for a song on the go, just rough at the moment, no bass drums or anything just 1 guitar and some basic ideas down.
Since I left my band to chase my own sound and feel I need someone to say it's worth hunting. Or give up and go back to the drawing board. =)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/music/play1033477

Any helpful comment good or bad would be pretty great.
post your links here for some C4C.
Hi mate!
I'm no expert on metal, but I can definitely hear the bones of something in there.
I can't say which notes I mean, but I hope that you can get the gist of what I'm saying.
At 0:03 and 0:06 when you go down the scale, try doing it with a hammer on, rather than a bend (like you do at 0:10).
At 0:26, when you start doing the picking thing, try doing it a little quicker, while letting the bass note ring out less.
When you do the chord sequence, try strumming the strings continuously, and mute the strings when you don't want them to ring out.
Hope you understand what I'm saying!
I'm not correcting you by the way, (it sounds a bit like I am) I'm just trying to give you other ideas on how to play it.
Other than that, nice tone, nice clean playing, definitely something there, keep working on it and you'll have a nice song.
Quote by Cal808
Hi mate!
I'm no expert on metal, but I can definitely hear the bones of something in there.
I can't say which notes I mean, but I hope that you can get the gist of what I'm saying.
At 0:03 and 0:06 when you go down the scale, try doing it with a hammer on, rather than a bend (like you do at 0:10).
At 0:26, when you start doing the picking thing, try doing it a little quicker, while letting the bass note ring out less.
When you do the chord sequence, try strumming the strings continuously, and mute the strings when you don't want them to ring out.
Hope you understand what I'm saying!
I'm not correcting you by the way, (it sounds a bit like I am) I'm just trying to give you other ideas on how to play it.
Other than that, nice tone, nice clean playing, definitely something there, keep working on it and you'll have a nice song.

cheers dude, I'm dying to get a band together asap to jam these idas out with, They really can change the field of play.

I know where your coming from with tips, And I'll throw them in see what happens.

Thanks.
nice riffs lessen your low frequencies then lessen your high frequencies a little bit. your playing sounds great
im sick with GAS
Quote by binting
nice riffs lessen your low frequencies then lessen your high frequencies a little bit. your playing sounds great

lower bass and treble?
Please post your riff with the new ideas incorporated, I'd love to hear how it sounds from a slightly different approach. (and to see if my ideas were any help at all)
Last edited by Cal808 at Aug 13, 2011,