"VS. THREADS ARE ANNOYING" - Piss the fuck off.

Is there anybody here with experience with both of these speakers who can tell me the differences in terms of sound between these two? I'm not asking "which is better", I'm asking how each one sounds compared to the other. Like frequency response, etc.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Is there anybody here with experience with both of these speakers who can tell me the differences in terms of sound between these two? I'm not asking "which is better", I'm asking how each one sounds compared to the other. Like frequency response, etc.

http://www.eminence.com/guitar-bass/legend-series/

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=4
well, i did have a V30. it was pretty versatile. cut in the mix real well, but after some time of playing it i got tired of the 'ice pick' like mids. if you can get an amp to push it, it gets a nice character and responsiveness. it is a nice middle of the road between a low-power-handling responsive speaker and a high-power-handling sterile speaker. feedback can be a bit harsh. i changed over to a couple of webers cuz i wanted a bit more low end response with less harsh mids.

i own 1228K eminence, which i think is the 'original' legend. the deal is that mine has an alnico magnet and is rated at ~35 watts so it doesn't directly compare to anything in their modern legend line (except their 1028K, which is a re-release of the 10" version). the 1228K sounds quite even, has a bit of a mids spike but it is very natural sounding and pleasing and breaks up beautifully. i use my 1228K with my THD bivalve and they love playing together.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Actually, they are against the rules

Anyway, have you checked the speaker thread? You know, the one that is linked to from the 'banned threads and a list of good ones' sticky. Because you should.
RIP Gooze

cats
Vs. threads are things like "Yah wut brand is better, fender or gibson??!?!1" or "who iz better...metallica or lynyrd skynyrd?"

this kind of vs. thread is allowed. you have 2 choices and want to know the advantages of each. if these threads were not lalowed, everyone would be forced to make threads like "I want a new speaker. I have 2 choices and I am only going to choose form them. But I am not giving UG that information. Have fun trying to guess what I want."
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i am not really a fan of the legend, but i would prefer a V30 over the legend, even though i like quite a few speakers more than V30's. of them actually. funny thing is i literally have 18 Vintage 30's in my posession. i also have four K85's, six T75's, two Celestion EVH sigs, and a 15" legend.

eminece legends are a little fizzy sounding to my ears, so i got rid of them and threw in some T75's in place of the two legends and liked it a lot better. so that cab has 1x15" legend and two t75's, and it is killer with the Splawn Pro mod. in that case i prefer the T75's over the V30. the 15" legend has balls, but agagin i have never owned another 15" speaker to compare it to.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ Good advice. Too bad Ian is not interested in any other speaker models.

Quote by Ippon

+311

Quote by InanezGuitars44
Vs. threads are things like "Yah wut brand is better, fender or gibson??!?!1" or "who iz better...metallica or lynyrd skynyrd?"

this kind of vs. thread is allowed. you have 2 choices and want to know the advantages of each. if these threads were not lalowed, everyone would be forced to make threads like "I want a new speaker. I have 2 choices and I am only going to choose form them. But I am not giving UG that information. Have fun trying to guess what I want."

That was pretty much my interpretation as well. Comparing the characteristics of two things as specific as this wouldn't have come across as 'VS' thread to me.

Quote by Ian_the_fox

I'm pretty sure I read that in a sticky somewhere in GGnA so why you would get so defensive and angry to type that out is beyond me

I don't have extensive experience in comparing the two but I would say the Vintage 30 will be more versatile. I have owned a G12H30 and a CL80 as well as an Eminence Man O War. Oh and Splawn Small Blocks (Greenback clones basically) and whatever the Emi is that shipped with the Blackheart 112 cab. shit maybe that was a Legend
Quote by trashedlostfdup
funny thing is i literally have 18 Vintage 30's in my posession

Trade me a pair of 16 ohm ones for my pair of G12T-75s, please!

I quite like the Legends, but only with certain amps. The V30s seem to work well with practically everything, whereas the Legends only seem to work well with the super modern stuff. My 5150 sounds absolutely HUGE through my Soldano cab loaded with them. They do not record nearly as well as V30s do, though, like most Eminence speakers, but they are great live speakers.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by InanezGuitars44

haha yeah

i haven't tried the legend so can't help with that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?