Considering money is ever so strict to buy an 8 string guitar, I wish to turn my old IBanez rg7321 7-string into a Semi-8 String (Just discarding the high E string) Long story short, i need a heavy gauge string set for it. My question is, what is the HEAVIEST string gauge that will fit into the peg hole of the bottom B section? I'm planning to tune of course to a Low F#, or even possibly a Low E. Has anyone ever tested this with a 7 string ibanez model before? What was the result? (BTW i am talking about the heaviest gauge string WITHOUT the use of cutting the nut or peeling off some of the wound)
well, get an 8-string set and experiment?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
well, get an 8-string set and experiment?

That's what i was thinking... i found a 10 - 74 set:

10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 54, 64, 74.

64 would be a BIT floppy, and not sure if 74 will fit.
well try, if not, then you can get individual strings.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
You'll probably have to drill out the peg to get a really heavy string in their, but its easy enough to do.
You could always measure the diameter of the hole in the tuning peg, then compare that to the diameter of the strings.