Epiphone Thunderbird IV Gothic or Squier Jaguar Vintage Modified?

i play metal: Pantera, Megadeth, Sodom, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Sepultura, Black Sabbath... mainly thrash... or things more kinda rock like Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Rage Against The Magine, etc..

which one of those (Epiphone Thunderbird IV Gothic or Squier Jaguar Vintage Modified) do you recommend to buy??? i was thinkin to in a dean evo mx..

if you recomend other basses it would help too (in those price ranges)...
MEGADETH MEGADETH AGUANTE MEGADETH
Squier VM P.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
the squier definitely. thunderbirds have a muddy tone and dont cut through very well, not to mention that the baseball bat for a neck they have is very uncomfortable to play on
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by summerson1
the squier definitely. thunderbirds have a muddy tone and dont cut through very well, not to mention that the baseball bat for a neck they have is very uncomfortable to play on

Isn't the muddiness part of the point behind a Thunderbird?

OT: I have played the Thunderbird's and the necks feel really sticky, like the neck grabs hold of my hand and won't let it move.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
yeah it is but the muddiness wont fit in the genre of music. it would get buried in the mix
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by summerson1
yeah it is but the muddiness wont fit in the genre of music. it would get buried in the mix

makes sense.

In this case I would go for a VM.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
you want something growly with strong low mids, the squier is it
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by dark Mass
Squier VM P.

+1

You can pick a new one up for about $280.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Quote by itzkpanda
+1

You can pick a new one up for about $280.

in my country they cost 530 dollars and that would be 2226$ argentinian pesos.. ¬¬
anyway great bass and im really considering it :P
MEGADETH MEGADETH AGUANTE MEGADETH