2 18%
Ibanez Xiphos XP300FX Black with reverse head stock
1 9%
Schecter Hell Raiser Special C-1 in red
3 27%
Schecter C-1 Standard Dark Metallic Blue
2 18%
Voters: 11.
I need help choosing between these guitars. I am looking to play hardcore and some heavier stuff.
Quote by ishredwithnubs
I need help choosing between these guitars. I am looking to play hardcore and some heavier stuff.

I don't see any guitars.

If posting the pics isn't working for you, mention the names and I'll see what kind of advice I can give you.

Also, pick what feels best to you. Don't rush into buying anything unless you're absolutely sure you want it.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
I don't see any guitars.

If posting the pics isn't working for you, mention the names and I'll see what kind of advice I can give you.

Also, pick what feels best to you. Don't rush into buying anything unless you're absolutely sure you want it.

He has a poll
Wow Ibanez fanboy much?

Check out other companies man, there are many out there that make guitars just as good as either Ibanez or Schecter.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
Wow Ibanez fanboy much?

Check out other companies man, there are many out there that make guitars just as good as either Ibanez or Schecter.

Lmao....not an Ibanez fanboy at all. I have only owned one Ibanez and i got rid of it. I didn't even like it. The reason there are some many Ibanez is because I know for the price they aren't that bad. I did also look into Epiphone, ESP, Jackson, Schecter, B.C. Rich (they don't make very good low end guitars), dean, and I took about 2 hours of looking through different types of guitars and trying to match what I was looking for in a guitar to what I could find. The results came out to what I have posted in the poll. There are more I saw that I liked in different brands, but they are out of my price range. Edit- Really guys only one voter...
Last edited by ishredwithnubs at Aug 13, 2011,
$300-$550 and I play metal and heavier stuff. Metalcore, Hardcore, thrash and a little bit of classical metal. Mostly heavy stuff though.
Quote by ishredwithnubs
$300-$550 and I play metal and heavier stuff. Metalcore, Hardcore, thrash and a little bit of classical metal. Mostly heavy stuff though.

your money really goes a lot farther when buying used.

you could find a used LTD EC1000 (or really any of the 1000 series) or something for that. they are good solid guitars, i had an EC for a while).

i would also recommend a jackson DKMG/DKMGT, i am positive you could find one of those used in your price range.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
your money really goes a lot farther when buying used.

you could find a used LTD EC1000 (or really any of the 1000 series) or something for that. they are good solid guitars, i had an EC for a while).

i would also recommend a jackson DKMG/DKMGT, i am positive you could find one of those used in your price range.

Actually the guitars I have listed above I am looking at used. I already purchased an LTD EC 1000 Silver Burst -Used Yesterday. I am just waiting for it to ship. I have played it in shop. Definitely a solid guitar. I also already own an ESP LTD.

Edit: I have seen that jackson. It is sexy as hell, but I no like tremolo
Last edited by ishredwithnubs at Aug 13, 2011,
Quote by ishredwithnubs
Actually the guitars I have listed above I am looking at used. I already purchased an LTD EC 1000 Silver Burst -Used Yesterday. I am just waiting for it to ship. I have played it in shop. Definitely a solid guitar. I also already own an ESP LTD.

Edit: I have seen that jackson. It is sexy as hell, but I no like tremolo

so you already bought an EC1000 and you are looking for another still, or did you just not get back to the post after buying the EC1000?

that is what the DKMGT is for. hardtail through body. killer guitar, i really like cmpd fretboard radiuses.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
so you already bought an EC1000 and you are looking for another still, or did you just not get back to the post after buying the EC1000?

that is what the DKMGT is for. hardtail through body. killer guitar, i really like cmpd fretboard radiuses.

Yessir I did, well looking to buy another guitar.
i always hate to be the first one to ask this, but...

what are you using for an amp?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i always hate to be the first one to ask this, but...

what are you using for an amp?

A shitty Line 6 Spider lV. I know, I know. Most of the tone comes from the amp..I plan on getting a new amp very soon. But right now I am not thinking about that.
If you're already getting an EC-1000 (which I think is the best midranged metal guitar out there) you should save that cash for a better amp.
Quote by chitbhanu
He has a poll

ROFL.

I never saw the poll. I don't know why. I'll vote now, I guess.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX