I'm a guitar player who came across one of these recently, and purchased it at a pretty fair price. It didn't work at first, so I fixed the electronics, and bought some knobs. What do you think a fair price to sell it at is?

I found a few postings on Guitar Center's used selection retailing at 299.99.

What do you think a fair price for me to sell it is?

Here are some pictures:

Looks like a pretty nice bass. I dont personally know what it sold for new, but for being a peavey and a 5 stringer, not too little. If GC sells it for 300 used, then Id say 250-290 would be a good selling price.

EDIT: Actually, on ebay the 4 stringers go for 300 bucks around. Id bett a good price would be 350 to 400.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Aug 13, 2011,
Man that brings back memories my first bass was a foundation 4 string nice clean sound.
If I tried to sell this to GC, what do you think they would offer me? If they're selling it for 299.99
Quote by PetetheIII
If I tried to sell this to GC, what do you think they would offer me? If they're selling it for 299.99

Maybe $150? You're always better off selling it to someone who's looking for an instrument to play, craigslist and ebay are great for that. Guitar Center has to resell it, and to make the profit margin they're looking for you're going to get shafted in the deal.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Tostitos is right, though itll be more like 100 dollars. They generally give you about 1/3 the price of their lowest estimated selling price.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat