hey guys, whoever saw my fail thread in the EG forum with the girl holding two vintage charvels, well there was a couple other finds at that same pawn shop they had 4 Celestion g12 speakers.
http://www.amazon.com/Celestion-Century-Vintage-Guitar-Speaker/dp/B001DE5YY4

for $49 each o.0 should i hop on this? brand new in the box some dude sold em
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Aug 13, 2011,
Bumpity
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Are you sure it's the vintage? Cause there's a lot of different types of G12 speakers.
Same one as in the pic.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
You should be able to make some money, if you were to sell them. Or have some nice speakers at a killer price.
What genres would they suit? Guessing along classic rock
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
hey, to be fair the girl was cute :P haha but yeah, definitely get them. resell if nothing else
not vintage, they are newer neodymium speakers (rare earth magnet). they can't be that old. when referring to a G12 i thought you meant

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/alnico/detail.asp?ID=3

that was the original call sign for the blue. but all guitar speakers that celestion produces have a G in the front and a then the speaker size. so G12 can mean any 12" guitar speaker celestion makes.

anyway, on with the century. like mentioned before it has a different kinda magnet than most their line. rare earth magnets are more powerful, so they can use a smaller magnet to get the same response as a 'bigger' speaker (making them almost half the weight of a normal guitar speaker). many speakers in this vein tend to be pretty shrill, very flat response and don't sound overly musical. evidently celestion has their design sounding pretty good.

i have heard comparisons that the century kinda sounds like a chimy G12K-100. not bad imo. i wouldn't buy them to turn over for profit though, there is no demand for these speakers. no one really knows about them
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by EspTro
What genres would they suit? Guessing along classic rock

Stole this from a local amp builders site. Don't know if it's correct or where he got it from.
source:
http://voodooamps.com/home/Products/Speakers/CelestionSpeakers/tabid/339/Default.aspx

"Exceptionally lightweight and loud, with a tightly controlled low-end, the Century Vintage exhibits a clear, powerful mid-range and crisp, bright top-end. With super-fast attack and superb tracking, it’s ideal for use in amps favoured by high-speed guitar players – both high gain rockers and clean country pickers. Neodymium magnet, 60 watts,"

His site also has all the freq charts of all the speakers in the pdf.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 13, 2011,