Hello,

I found a guitar that meets all the things I'm looking for in a seven-string guitar.
The Ibanez S7420.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-S7420

Does anyone know how this guitar sounds? How are the pickups? How the body feels? Is it comfortable? Is it worth the price?

And I'm probably buying this when I'm in Toronto, so does anyone know where I'll be able to find it?

Thank you
Last edited by kalabhavan at Aug 13, 2011,
It's a nice mid-range guitar. Quality is good for the price, but you will probably want to swap out the pickups. That guitar is a mahogany body and bolt on maple neck so wit will be on the warmer side, but maybe not as warm as say, a Les Paul.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
A friend of mine has one and I wasn't too impressed with it. He had it set up really bad though. Overall, though, it seemed to be nice for the money.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I love mine. But as has been said, it WILL need a good setup, and the stock pickups are shit
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
The guitar played OK(the wizard II-7 felt odd, maybe cuz it was myfirst time with a seven), the pickups were meh, the body felt very comfortable, and by god that trem was AMAZING.
The trem alone is worth buying it for.