hey guys, I'm far from a good singer or anything, and I've never got any vocal lessons except the youtube ones, but yesterday I finally decided to do a full cover of the Trivium's In Waves..I'm sorta satisfied with the result; could you give me any advice on improving my clean singing/screams ?
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp7dT9e2rbc
I think you did a great job, I dig it.

Also, how did you stack the vocals? I've been trying to do that but it doesn't sound very good.
I don't know the original song, but I say it sounds pretty solid to me!

Also sounds like you did a rather decent mixing job and managed to remove the vocals on the song without screwing it up O_o /jealous
Quote by Anexa
I don't know the original song, but I say it sounds pretty solid to me!

Also sounds like you did a rather decent mixing job and managed to remove the vocals on the song without screwing it up O_o /jealous

honestly, I did the guitar part, then combined it with another guitar cover and a drum cover so I didn't even have to remove the vocals, since there was none generally, I suck at mixing, but this one turned out pretty good
Quote by symba05
I think you did a great job, I dig it.

Also, how did you stack the vocals? I've been trying to do that but it doesn't sound very good.

yeah, mine doesn't either

that's why I simply copied the vocal track and then split copies into left and right
and I didn't even harmonize anything, except for the chorus (just a little)

I still don't like my clean sound...it sounds like I'm 15 years old lol
any tips on improving ?
Last edited by train1ng at Aug 16, 2011,