I stumbled on some poems and art by a guy called Lord Barnaby II

I wrote music for it if you want to listen to here and give me some feedback.

Evil Man: The Primitive

I was wondering what inspires everyone else, where do you get your muse from when you've hit a brick wall?

Cheers
Bravo

Nighttime/dusk landscapes, mainly. And looking at clouds or trees or whatever as if they were strange, alien, abstract shapes, if that makes sense. I've been trying to write stuff that evokes that for years, with varying amounts of success.

And I'm in the middle of a big fucking song inspired by art by Zdzislaw Beksinski, although I have no idea how much of it comes across in the music. Possibly none.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I rip off other artists and rebrand it as my own work.

I call it "sampling."

Serious answer: other music. I listen to a lot of bands and think about what I would want to hear, what I would want to present on stage or on CD, and do my best to write it. Personal relationships and different feelings personalize all of it into one finished product.

Lyrically I draw from those relationships as well, or shit that just seems to pop in my head.

I always write when it's raining/cloudy skies so I guess a little inspiration comes from there as well.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 13, 2011,
Being a gay drag queen that has trouble having sex with heterosexual males
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Other artists I guess.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I've written an instrumental album based off the Elder Scrolls series - but that was a long time ago. Mostly other artists, though i've found myself being inspired by poetry more and more. I find listening to Bob Dylan in particular really sparks me off.
Guitar Hero. Yup.

*Raises flameshield*

Edit: Hold on, I got mixed up, I thought you meant what started you on music

My inspiration for songs is usually listening to one riff, thinking it sounds cool, then trying to use some feature of it to write something similar. Then, my songs expand outward from there. For lyrics, I generally write about personal experience, or tell stories. Oh yeah, and ignore the first line of this post. Seriously, just... never mind
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Last edited by HeretiK538 at Aug 13, 2011,
Everything I listen to, believe in and do are my inspirations. Sounds cliché, but it's true I guess.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Whatever I'm currently listening to or trying to emulate in my own way.
^simple and utter(udder) win

OT dayman, champion of the sun.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Last edited by Harvey Swick at Aug 13, 2011,
Quote by G.Krizzel
This.

Looks like Lisa Kudrow. Me gusta

Aaaaanyway, as for inspiration; not a lot. Back when I had the hardware (and software actually) available to score orchestras in MIDI I'd take inspiration from movie soundtracks or game scores, and write something that I would have wanted to hear if I was given the media without a score.
As for nowadays, I just **** around on guitar until I like a chord progression, write 8 lines of lyrics that pop into my head, get stuck, give up and start again.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Looks like Lisa Kudrow. Me gusta

Aaaaanyway, as for inspiration; not a lot. Back when I had the hardware (and software actually) available to score orchestras in MIDI I'd take inspiration from movie soundtracks or game scores, and write something that I would have wanted to hear if I was given the media without a score.
As for nowadays, I just **** around on guitar until I like a chord progression, write 8 lines of lyrics that pop into my head, get stuck, give up and start again.

You should check out the full clip i posted, it has some orchestral in it.

Some feedback would be fabulous.
I am an impulsive dreamer. I listen to and write songs about my experiences as an impulsive dreamer. I dream about invisible best friends, feelings of extreme random euphoria, about the rain, the thunder, the cold, the feeling of what it's like to be me and know that no one can ever be me.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Break ups, people I hate and breakdowns.

I'm in such a straight band.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
My feelings, experiences, **** who am kidding I just **** about until i find something that slightly resembles music.
Listening to music, having conversations, reading books. I'm a bit of thief in the sense that I steal or pick lines that mean a lot to me and then piece it together with my own words or maybe switch out a word or two.

Borrowed a few lines from Neil Young, The Clash and Pete Doherty

Philosophy and human behaviour.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Harmonius
I am an impulsive dreamer. I listen to and write songs about my experiences as an impulsive dreamer. I dream about invisible best friends, feelings of extreme random euphoria, about the rain, the thunder, the cold, the feeling of what it's like to be me and know that no one can ever be me.

Funny you should say this. I recently had two dreams, within the space of about two nights, which seemed as though they were from some dark music video, or film. Also, they worked well together, as they're both related to each other. I love the ideas, and they're straight from my dreams. Is it plagiarism if it's from my own dreams? :p
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.