Minor Swing Chorus:

Am6 | % | Dm6 | % | E7 | % | Am6 | %
Dm6 | % | Am6 | % | F7 | E7 | Am6 | E7#9

Guys could I please get some ideas soloing over this gypsy song. At the moment I'm using pretty much arpeggios and passing notes. I was advised to use melodic minor scales over corresponding minor 6th chords and general mixolydian and dominant arpeggios over domiant chords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uXGSTfz_4

I've also tried transcribing solos though would really apprectiate your help

Thanks
Have you got a tab or backing track?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Nah, I was wondering if you had it. Surely the tabs etc give you a pretty good idea of what to play? I 'bought' a book recently called 'Easy Django' that comes with tabs to quite a few songs plus a full CD of backing tracks. Maybe you could try to find that and look at some of his other songs.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
The first chord is an A minor triad.

The whole thing is in A minor, it's a i iio7b V i progression.

Use the A minor scales making the necessary chromatic alterations for the chromatic harmony.
It sounds like you've got a pretty good start by using arpeggios and accidentals, as I get the feeling Django was using that approach in his playing. However, you should remember that the whole song is basically an A harmonic minor feel, so use that scale as your reference for everything you do. If you use arpeggios too much, you'll start to lack originality and melody, as they tend to make your lines a bit jumpy due to the larger intervals. This song is so tonal that I wouldn't necessarily use a different scale over each chord unless you wanted to completely change how the song sounds. The only alteration I might add is a b9 over the Am chord, which might be played as an alteration to your harmonic minor scale or perhaps a tritone sub for the E7, which would mean you'd be playing a Bb dominant arpeggio or mixolydian scale. Probably better to just throw it in as an accidental, though. Remember that the whole chord-scale approach tends to be a bit overcomplicated when the song you're playing is all in the same key. You can sound plenty jazzy by playing one scale over a progression if you use a few accidentals and some good rhythmic ideas.