How is the quality on Jackson's LFR's?
Particularly on the JT-580 or JT-590, how well do the knife edges hold up?

Would one of these be a better bet than a Floyd Rose Special?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
i never thought they were that great- from limited trying out in shops (that's the 580 i'm talking about, not sure how the 590 compares). They always felt unresponsive and a bit clunky to me.

better than an fr special, though... i dunno. haven't tried the special.

what guitars are you looking at? or are you buying just the trems?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love my Jackson LFR, it came stock on my old RR3 Professional (Before they had the Pro series) and was made in the mid to late '90s in Japan.

If you'll tell me where some identifying markings are for it, I'll tell you what kind it is because I don't know what kind it is
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 13, 2011,
Not looking at any guitars; just the trems for a project.

I'm open to any suggestions for options cheaper than an OFR.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Last edited by larson8er at Aug 13, 2011,
Quote by VanTheKraut
I love my Jackson LFR, it came stock on my old RR3 Professional (Before they had the Pro series) and was made in the mid to late '90s in Japan.

If you'll tell me where some identifying markings are for it, I'll tell you what kind it is because I don't know what kind it is

I don't know an identifiying marks, I've just been looking for trems on eBay.
Look at the back of the block, and see what it says. It may be a Takeuchi made trem, the good ones from the MIJ era.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
gotoh? schaller? depending on where you are in the world, they may be cheaper than an OFR.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Located in the US, and I'm looking to be under $100 for my trem, as I still have to drop $99 for my p'up and then $ for paint and machining costs.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
an OFR is always worth it. If I were you, I'd buy the guitar Im looking at, perhaps an RR3 (I've been looking at those, could end up with an RR24 though) and later on get an OFR for it.

Personally, I've head very pleasent surprises with LFR's, specially the ones in ESP-LTDs.
Quote by larson8er
Located in the US, and I'm looking to be under $100 for my trem, as I still have to drop $99 for my p'up and then $ for paint and machining costs.

i'm just concerned it might be a false economy, you know? floyds are one of those things that if you're gonna do, you need to do right. For the sake of saving $80 on the trem (floyds are $180 in the US, right?) you might ruin the whole guitar. The gotoh ge1996T or schaller might even be marginally cheaper if you're lucky.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jackson licensed floyds have been generally garbage in my experience.

There is an older model on the old pro lines from like the early 90s if i remember correctly that had a schaller made trem that is good from what i remember ..
I already have the guitar, it's a Jackson ps3-t from either 1999 or 2000.
The factory trem is pure shite, so it needs to be replaced.
I'm looking for an option cheaper than an OFR, I'd consider any of the ibanez trems also.

It's looking like I will end up going with an OFR, but I don't want to drop $180 if I can get close to the same quality for less.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
My searching capability is crippled right now, since I'm on my iPod at work.
Could you post links to the schaller and/or gotoh trems, black, with 42mm nut?
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Just go for the OFR, you wont regret it. Also keep in mind that you can NOT just swap a jackson LFR with any of the ibanez LFRs as far as I know.
I will do a test fit before I paint the guitar, to make sure that everything works. That way I can do any extra routing that I'd need to do.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc