Has anyone noticed that East coast pop punk seems to be a lot darker, like Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, compared to West coast? Get back at me, why is this??
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Because of Logan Circle haha.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Because there's cocaine in the east coast, and marijuana in the west coast. It's obvious the cocaine makes people dark and sad, and the marijuana makes everyone extremely happy and poppy.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I love The Wonder Years. They make me extremely happy. Paradox?

It's because you're not sad anymore lol.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Maybe it's because I call them pop-folk-punk.

Right on, man.
I blame Daylight, just being in a 3 state radius of them makes you hate life.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by goldmember1217
Did you just call Man Overboard dark?

I think your my favorite girl I ever met, yeah.
I think your my favorite girl I ever met.

SO DARK
Quote by InstantAXonHero
I blame Daylight, just being in a 3 state radius of them makes you hate life.

Every day I take the long way home!

Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by goldmember1217
Did you just call Man Overboard dark?

Yeah they have a darker sound to them compared to like All Killer No Filler Sum or something like that.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
That Daylight theory makes so much sense.

Quote by tr3nt
Yeah they have a darker sound to them compared to like All Killer No Filler Sum or something like that.

I guess so. But compared to most of the pop punk bands (Transit, Fireworks, etc) they're associated with they're the lightest there is. I think it's just the lyrics.
Quote by tr3nt

Sum 41 is closer to the East Coast though.

/theory ruined.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Sum 41 is closer to the East Coast though.

/theory ruined.

TAKE THAT ATHEISTS
The whole New Jersey and Long Island area scene got darker after 9/11 for obvious reasons. That's one reason east coast pop punk emo stuff (whatever you want to call it) is darker.
Quote by tr3nt

They're definitely on par in terms of being nursery rhymes with guitars

Also, there are so many stupid posts in this thread, it's not even funny.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Keaton95
The whole New Jersey and Long Island area scene got darker after 9/11 for obvious reasons. That's one reason east coast pop punk emo stuff (whatever you want to call it) is darker.

Brilliant.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ