hi i want to choose between one of those, a used ibanez rg prestige(for example rg 1570 or 2570) japan made or a ltd m1000 deluxe fr korean made.if you were me which did you buy?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
I'd get the ESP. The mid to high range LTDs are really good guitars. I love how Ibanez RGs play, but the pickups are horrid and basswood has the tonal properties of a cardboard box, in my opinion.
It depends on what music you want to play. If you're buying it to play metal, i'd go with the ESP because of it's pre installed EMG's.
The Prestige. The build quality will be far superior. Plus, I hate EMGs, and it's far easier to swap out the pups in the Ibanez to some other passives than with the ESP. And I love the necks on Ibanez guitars, while I'm not a fan of LTD/ESP.

AND I prefer the larger radius on Ibanez necks...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Prestige... :/ I hate to say it but they're almost undoubtedly better made
But the ESP/LTD is definitely good. I'd say just go with what feels better.
As an owner of a EC-1000 (w EMGs) and a RG1570 (w Dimarzios) I say, go Prestige
+1 on the Ibanez 1550

You might also want to look on the used market for a 1987-1992 RG5xx every bit as good and maybe even better than a prestige at a fraction of the cost.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
It's mostly going to depend on what kind of neck profile you want. They're both good guitars. The Ibanez is going to have a little better build quality, but the LTD has better pickups from the start.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you like the ibanez necks the ibby will be of much higher overall build quality.

The 1570 is an epic guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i have big hands and i need bigger and thicker neck.which one are better?
i have some other guitars in mind too but i don't know which feels better in my hand. i don't have the ability to test them.so generally which model is better for big hands and fingers?
esp mii
ltd m1000
ibanez prestige
(music man jp maybe but it's too expensive)
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
THe M-II and the M-1000 have the same neck profile. The Ibanez Prestige is a fair bit thinner than either. But the M's are already pretty thin, yet round at the same time, unlike the Ibanez. I hate that profile (Extra Thin U)

But we really can't help you - you have to play them yourself. We have no way of knowing what will and what won't be comfortable to you.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If your spending that much you REALLY need to make the effort to go play them dude.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I play a wizard neck sometimes and find it quite comfortable, and my hands are huge.
The ltd m-1000 has a slightly larger neck and maybe diff profile, my buddy owns one and I found it a bit slower of a neck, but still quite easy to deal with.
Personally I would buy the prestige and upgrade the pickups.
But you should play a few and see what fits best.
The ****ing Ibanez lol. You can replace pickups. You can't replace build quality without buying a new guitar
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
The ****ing Ibanez lol. You can replace pickups. You can't replace build quality without buying a new guitar

You can't replace neck profile either. And he's considering the ESP M-II which would put that Ibanez to shame.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yes my main choice is esp mii but i think ibanez rgs are at the same quality.both great guitars .but i must choose only one

another question: old ibanez maple rg550s worth buying? i saw two of them for a good price but the frets weren't in good condition.if i buy one for about 500-600$ maybe i save for a mii/m1000 and buy them both
what do you think?are very old 550s comparable to 3-4 years old 1570s or 2570s...?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
I have yet to see a good 550 at that price.... If I did find one you'd have some competition
listen it doesnt matter if u get either for a steal or which is worth more. i chose my jackson for $400 over a presteige 1550 for $50 more because the jackson had better pickups, but also played amazingly better. now nothing a few simple adjustments couldnt change but the neck was way more comfortable on my jackson

my $0.02
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'd go for 1570 over the ESP MII, but that's just me. They're both probably equal in quality, it's just preference at that price point really.