Hi, looking at getting a decent mid-range guitar. I'm looking for a decent metal guitar with a locking bridge, as I don't have any desire to use a tremolo, and I hear tremolo-less systems keep in tune better. Liking the Schecter Hellraiser or Omen, any other suggestions? Cheers.
I have no sig
What kind of metal.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
The ec-1000 has locking tuners and a locking bridge. Really stays in tune unless you change the tuning. Also the sustain goes on for days. Great guitar. That's my recommendation.
I have an LTD EC-500 which I think now they do a similar guitar with the 401...highly recommend it.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
a good floyd stays in tune better than most hardtail bridges
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by Zerox8610
Jackson SLSMG you're welcome

This. I've got one and i love it. Mine doesn't have the active EMG's in it though. I believe a lot of Schecters have fixed bridges too. Also keep in mind that you can always block off a cheap tremolo system, and you'll still have the locking nut to keep you in tune forever.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Any of these would serve you well. The main difference between metal guitar brands seems to be neck profiles - Schecter seems to favor the wide n' fat, ESP's are medium-width and slim, and Jackson and Ibanez are wide and flat. Try a few and pick which one you think is most comfortable.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
LTD EC-1000, Schecter Hellraiser/Blackjack, Ibanez RGA321f/RGA121, Ibanez FR
How about a ESP V II it has a fixed bridge with locking tuners. I got mine over a month ago and it plays and sound awesome. They are not easy to find though.

really depends on what body style your wanting and the sound your looking for..
Attachments:
ESP V II...jpg
You really can't think of any good guitars without trems?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
@Ghold125: hopefully no more than AU$1000 at the most? That depends on how well I can save money though!
@Ghold125: hopefully no more than AU$1000 at the most? That depends on how well I can save money though! I'm looking on ebay, and a lot of guitars on there that are recommended $1000AU or more can found for 2/3rds that. Like, there's that Ibanez RG321: RRP $1195, offered for $600 and free postage
@Ghold125: hopefully no more than AU$1000 at the most? That depends on how well I can save money though! I'm looking on ebay and they sell them much cheaper on there in a lot of cases. Like, that Ibanez RG321 is on there, advertised for $599, but the guy said it had an RRP of $1195?
@ESPTRO: mostly metalcore, I think. Drop D and Drop C stuff, I'll probably have it in Drop C and leave my current guitar in Drop D so I can switch that to Standard easily if I want.