Hello Everyone,

How can I hear the different sounds that pickups produce without actually buying them?

I have a Mexican made strat that I love. It has humbucker pickups, and I want to replace them. But I need some way to hear different tones.

Is there a website that allows you to do this? (non-manufacturers website)

Thanks for any help. I'm a noob when it comes to gear.
best way is to go to a shop and see if they have any guitars with some of the pickups you're looking at. it's not an amazing plan (the same two or three aftermarket pickups tend to be in the vast majority of higher-end guitars), but it's better than nothing...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Youtube, mostly.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio and Bareknuckle have sound clips on their websites.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Thanks you guys.

I guess it's just toying around with everything after all.

Another question....Would my fender be fitted so that the pickups could only be replaced by fender brand pickups? Or could I choose any brand I want?
Pretty much any brand will fit.

What do you want to change about your tone?

you might need a new amp
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I think a little more sustain would be nice. Other than that, I don't have many complaints lol. Maybe just because I'm a newbie when it comes to pickups.
Quote by Strat007
Pretty much any brand will fit.

What do you want to change about your tone?

you might need a new amp

Holy crap, how'd you get away with that avatar!
you're a stone fox
Well, it technically doesn't break any rules

TS: try raising your pickups by turning the screws clockwise. That should give you more sustain.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Quote by Strat007
Well, it technically doesn't break any rules

TS: try raising your pickups by turning the screws clockwise. That should give you more sustain.

I couldn't really tell, that's like ban-bait though.
you're a stone fox
who is in the avatar? lol

and TS, what amp do you have? any effects?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Genevieve Morton.
Quote by Boonnoo666