I really like Andy McCoys guitar work, and would like to know more about his style, like what chords/scales/keys/timings etc... he likes to use?
and any little characteristics of his playing that he is known for?

How does he get his sound?
I know i'll never sound just like him, but i would like to sound more like him than i do.

I cant find much tab anywhere for hanoi rocks or any other bands/side projects he's played in, and im not very good at tabbing out Andy's stuff by ear. So if you know where I can find some that would also be a help,

cheers.
Last edited by gary1991 at Aug 13, 2011,
the lack of hanoi rocks tabs on the internet is truly shocking
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Andy McCoy... the national joke here in Finland

As far as scales go, just pentatonics and natural minor and major scales AFAIK.
Quote by gary1991
I really like Andy McCoys guitar work, and would like to know more about his style, like what chords/scales/keys/timings etc... he likes to use?
and any little characteristics of his playing that he is known for?

How does he get his sound?
I know i'll never sound just like him, but i would like to sound more like him than i do.

I cant find much tab anywhere for hanoi rocks or any other bands/side projects he's played in, and im not very good at tabbing out Andy's stuff by ear. So if you know where I can find some that would also be a help,

cheers.

If you like his style, shouldn't you be able to tell us what aspects you like of his playing? Just by listening to his music you should have the tools to help you sound like him. No one's going to tell you what to play to sound like him, you just have learn it yourself. It's not supposed to be easy. I suggest you train your ear
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3