Do you sometimes notice that you can't stop playing guitar and sometimes (much more rare) that you feel uninspired and really don't wanna play?
learn a new song.

the end.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i always record any cool riffs that i write,so whenever i'm feelin pretty uninspired i can just work on those riffs and get back into enjoyin playin again.
Quote by 95thFallout
Do you sometimes notice that you can't stop playing guitar and sometimes (much more rare) that you feel uninspired and really don't wanna play?

Every guitarist has those days.
I just dont play for a while. After a few days I usually am jones'n to play really badly.
Find some new music to listen to, that usually helps me.
You need to find music that is challenging to play, but not insanely so challenging it'll take you a year to get that 200 bpm 7 string sweep arpeggio down.
It's spelled wiener.
Get a job. Seriously when ur time is occupied by something and u can't play as often you will miss it and want to play...courtesy of my new job
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I think im gonna learn a new song or something tonight something outside my rock metal genre maybe some blues or classical and Esptro i had a job but i quit cause i didnt have enough time to play lol :P
I just roll with it. Sometimes I can't stop playing. Sometimes I do not ****in want to play guitar. But I don't worry about it or anything, because I'm used to it, and I know how it works, and I know that I will always come back to it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Find a song that you really want to play and practise it until you can play it very well. I'm trying to learn different techniques.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by 95thFallout
I think im gonna learn a new song or something tonight something outside my rock metal genre maybe some blues or classical and Esptro i had a job but i quit cause i didnt have enough time to play lol :P

lmao okay in that case i really got bored of the usual stuff too so i just bought 13 guage strings and tuned my other guitar to drop G# and really just started listening to Djent. i hate the vocals to hell, anything close to metalcore i hate but Periphery has some great guitar work. very groovy stuff. Icarus Lives is a song that really sticks out to me
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Take up bass. It's what I did, now I just play whichever I feel like!
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Have shoulder surgery so you can't play for 6 weeks.. by 3 days you wish you could play again..
(woot 4 week 5 days left for me xD)
Get new gear. It worked for me.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ya it happens. Don't force yourself to play though, it'll feel like a chore to you, you won't have fun, and you won't enjoy playing guitar, which is completely pointless. Just do something else, maybe something music related (never heard of anyone who wasn't motivated with music=, it doesn't always have to be with guitar). Eventually you'll want to play guitar again hopefully. If not, maybe there's a chance you just don't want to play anymore.

I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to play guitar either way though, or forcing yourself to learn a song. Just let it come naturally.
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Aug 13, 2011,
try deathmetal on a banjo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I suppose I get that. I tend to not think about it though, because I have so much stuff to do anyway. If I don't feel inspired to play guitar, I tend to compose music instead. It's much more fun being a musician primarily and a guitarist secondarily.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Nothing inspires me more than seeing live music. Anytime I need a real kick in the ass I just go to a blues jam. They make me get up and play!
I'd suggest to put down the guitar and find a hobby that is far removed from guitar in every way. Guitar, like anything else, is very capable of getting burnt out on, so it is best to leave well enough alone.

No matter how one chooses to slice it, music is about personal experience and expression, so if you are devoid of the passion of playing, which is the number one requirement. Go find something else to find it, because forcing it will lead nowhere.
Quote by Jyrgen
Every guitarist has those days.

I'll get involved on the non musical side of a project.

I won't pick up a guitar for days. When I'm busy being roadie props mistress etc...

I'll be busy getting everything ready.

Then the final rush and adrenaline high to get the venue ready the day of the gig.

Even a small gig should be an event and a good show.

Boring bands that have a crap stage show are soon forgotten and don't get gigs.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Listen to some 8-bit death sludge post-prog metal, start playing ukulele and do a cover of it. Really gets your inspiration going.
Watching concerts on DVDs get my adrenaline pumping so hard that no matter how uninspired I am, I'm gonna be shredding on my knees from dusk till dawn.....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"