I have these two 100w PA speakers that I pretty much don't use at the moment so I was considering hooking them up to my computers sound system just to have a much bigger and fuller sound.

They don't use the normal PA three way jacks like you normally get, they connect with normal jack leads and jack holes and such so what I'm planning to do is put both of them in two different corners in my room and connecting them via jacks and then plugging into my computer. For this though I need some sort of adapter for jacks so that I can somehow plug it into my computer then I also need to know how to alter my computers settings so that it plays through my normal speakers and the PAs. Anyone know how?
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
You also need a power amp...your computer can't power passive PA speakers, it only sends out a line level signal so a power amp can amplify it.

You can prolly pick up a 4 channel 100 watt PA mic and mixer amp. They usually run $200-$300 and are alot more useful than just for PA speakers. Then you'd have to run a 1/8 male to male out of your computers headphone out into one of the channels on the amp using a 1/4in male to 1/8th inch female adapter, which are easy to come by.
Damn, that's much harder than I imagined.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by Brownerz
Damn, that's much harder than I imagined.

Yeah, I know. Just get a nice Hi Fi stereo system like I have, mines an old AIWA 130 watt NSX-D757 Hi-Fi stereo system, works pretty good, can get real jammen real quick. Although, with a stereo system, you still need something like a 1/8 in male to RCA adapter so you can go headphone out to the stereo, the adapter is like $3 for a 3 foot cable.
You'd probably be better off spending the $60-$100 on a set of Logitech or Altec Lansing powered computer speakers. They have plenty of power and are already set to work with your PC.

But then again, getting a power amp does mean you could use them for other purposes if you felt like it. Or if you felt like blowing windows out