I'm on the prowl for a new amp, and I really want it to fit in my band's mix. The rhythm guitarist has a Tele and an Orange Rockerverb 100. Right now I'm looking at a Bogner ecstasy. My question is, will an Ecstasy (and a Les Paul) cut through the mix over the Rockerverb and Tele? I know that both amps are heavy in the low mids, so will the low mids clash? Or will the Bogner have enough brightness/high mids to separate itself from the Orange? If all else fails, can I boost the high mids with an EQ pedal? I'm probably over-thinking this, but I don't want to have issues later down the road. Thanks, guys!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

the orange is a very bright amp especially with a tele so i'd say it will definitely differentiate from the les paul and bogner, i don't think there'll be a problem
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the orange is a very bright amp especially with a tele so i'd say it will definitely differentiate from the les paul and bogner, i don't think there'll be a problem

+1, if anything, I'd say both of those amps are more accentuated in the high-mids, than low-mids though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i think a les paul with humbuckers will probably cut through the mix more because of the fact that it has humbuckers instead of single coils.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
^^^
^^
Really? My impression is that the Rockerverb is a very dark and thick (but clear) amp with heavy low mids. So with that being said, does the Bogner have more high mids than the Orange?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
^^^
^^
Really? My impression is that the Rockerverb is a very dark and thick (but clear) amp with heavy low mids. So with that being said, does the Bogner have more high mids than the Orange?

Yeah, I also thought it was supposed to be a dark amp.
Quote by bingeandletgo
^^^
^^

I suppose, the RV can be pretty dark, just depends on how you EQ them. Definitely more low mids than the XTC. I think they'd compliment eachother well, the XTC should cut through nicely for leads.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for. However, does the same go for an ecstasy CLASSIC?
Quote by blackflag49