Hey guys, I had a thread going and was told to try a different format so here we go...

- I'm looking to spend between £300 and £500 on a new amp

- I play things from classic rock all the way through to metal, play in the style of Slash but like to play things such as Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zep and such... Cleans aren't essential but it would be nice

- I don't mind buying used gear

- Will need it for smaller sized gigs (pubs and smaller venues) maybe upto 500 people in size?

- Portsmouth, UK is nearest major city

- Currently playing a Gibson Les Paul studio (stock) straight into an MG50DFX (don't kill me, I had no ear for tone! )

I'd prefer to be able to play the amp first, been recommened the Traynor YCV50B but there's none local to me and I'm wary of buying without trying! Thanks in advance
Erm, you can probably get a used Marshall DSL for that money, which is a great amp for the bands you play. Also, a Laney GH50L would be good. I would know, I just made a thread asking a similar question But you would then have to buy a cab, which is about another £400. Umm... not really sure what combo's you could get... there's loads of other people on here who will be able to help you Good Luck!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
I'd prefer a combo for now, just because it's more practical to use... but half stack's are so cool £500 is a stretch for me tbh so I need some more options :S thanks anyway, I'll keep an eye on that Laney
Hmm can't really help you there. Maybe a used orange thunder/rockerverb, they would prbably be ok combos for your genres
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Blackstar have some great combos. They have an all valve 20 watt for around £460. Not sure if its enough power for you though