Ok,

I have a mesa boogie nomad 100, and my fuse is blowing constantly.

I bought new fuses, and cleaned up the place where you set the fuse by blowing condensed air into it (in the past I have blow fuses because dust got in there).

Anyhoo, it seems that once the amp starts to warm up the fuse will blow.

Any other reasons it may be doing this? a bad tube?
Cream fan club member #11.
does it always happen int he same place? have you tried going to someone elses house or plugging it into a different room? i heard of entire tubes blowing because of bad electrical work in houses.
Replace the power tube(s). Don't keep feeding it fuses!!

Switch it to standby and look for a tube glowing red hot. That's the bad one. there may be more, but if one is brighter than the other, it's likely just that one.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 13, 2011,
it doesn't look like they are glowing red hot, just the typical tube glow.

I play my other amp in the same location for over a year now and there has yet to make a fuse blow.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by P.B.
it doesn't look like they are glowing red hot, just the typical tube glow.

I play my other amp in the same location for over a year now and there has yet to make a fuse blow.

all amps are different. i recommend trying it out in a different room or house
I still think it's the power tubes. do you get any hum or noise? if it blows again, immediately look at the tubes. I bet one will be hotter than the others.

Also, you can lightly tap the tubes and listen for noise from the speakers. Power tubes should not have any noise.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 13, 2011,
1. you could be getting a voltage spike from the outlet

2. there can be a short in the amp itself

3. you could be replacing your old fuse with smaller amp fuse

recommend to take it to a tech dealing with valve amps is risky very high voltage
do not replace the fuse with higher amp fuse you could run the risk of ruining the
circuitry and yourself .
Last edited by 951 at Aug 13, 2011,