Page 1 of 5
So, the big day is almost upon us, hows everyone feeling? What do you need? etc.
I'm feeling a bit worried personally and i need 300 points including C in Geography for Aberystwyth.

Good luck everyone!
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I think Ive done shit in English, Maths and Physics, but ok in Chemistry, lots of resits next year for me...hurray Good luck with Aberystwyth BTW have you checked it out and is it good? Im considering it cause I could get payed to go there.
Quote by pwrmax
You win this thread. You get a cookie, except there's no cookie smiley so here's a llama

Very proud owner of (1) lolstack(s)
Quote by Stugg334

Quote by Retro_jetro
I think Ive done shit in English, Maths and Physics, but ok in Chemistry, lots of resits next year for me...hurray Good luck with Aberystwyth BTW have you checked it out and is it good? Im considering it cause I could get payed to go there.

I'm sure you'll do fine mate, and Aberystwyth is great! Great staff, people, resources etc. And start revising well in advance and dont make the same mistakes i did. Makes resits much easier to deal with.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
the second i closed that last exam, i forgot everything, including how good i thought i did

so i'm actually stuck between whether to expect a*s or ds. wish me luck.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Shit, if I get less than a C in my module 5 maths I'm buggered.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
I ****ed up quite a lot in maths.

Didn't do shit in art... Just kind doodled for two years.

But then again... I don't need much to get into the college I want so, meh.
I've ****ed up my AS Chemistry. I got an A in the assessed practicals, and then blanked on the exams. On the bright side, I nailed the spectroscopy question

Other than that though, I'm quietly confident.

Anyone else who will be in Year 13 next year worried about the re-sits though? Since we have to 'cash in' our UCAS points on the 18th, so our AS results could affect the offers from Uni's.
UGH I am dreading thursday I have no idea how well I did in my AS. Could be anything from AAAB to CCCD.

Good luck to everyone else though
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
You just reminded me it's in 4 days. I'm hoping for something like ABCD, but it's probably ACCD.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
How do you feel now, as the admission tutors have their dirty hands on your grades?
Good luck with your results.

Also, calm down! It usually goes better than expected! I've heard that on average 25 % get an A on at least one exam, and 10 % got triple A's last year.

According to the admission tutors at University of Sheffield, my grades are equivalent to ABB. I am a 2012 applicant who already holds his grades, but is taking a gap year. My choices are Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Bath and Essex.

I am taking the IELTS in December though. 'tis scary!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 14, 2011,
Good luck everyone.

If you're not going to uni, you've wasted two years of your life, like I did.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Need ABB with the A in either Maths or Physics.

Had DDDE (the E in Maths) at the end of my second year so I resat a year.
Hopefully pulled everything up.

I know I have the B I need in Psychology since I could have failed the last exam and got a C,
Just hoping that resitting every single Maths exam in the Summer didn't screw me over.

Quote by sfaune92
How do you feel now, as the admission tutors have their dirty hands on your grades?
Good luck with your results.

Also, calm down! It usually goes better than expected! I've heard that on average 25 % get an A on at least one exam, and 10 % got triple A's last year.

According to the admission tutors at University of Sheffield, my grades are equivalent to ABB. I am a 2012 applicant who already holds his grades, but is taking a gap year. My choices are Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Bath and Essex.

You bastard, you're one of the reasons I didn't get an offer from Sheffield
They told me I was too local for their liking and they wanted to take on sudents from further afield.
Last edited by SG_dave at Aug 14, 2011,
Quote by sfaune92

Don't worry man, your english is brilliant, and considering how bad some of the immigrants are that actually pass, I think you'll be fine
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I need an A*A*A for my course so I'm bricking it I know I've already got the one A* so that's cool. Also got an entrance exam I'm waiting to hear about too.
anybody else been/went to holy cross college? i'm going there next year, looking for insight.
Quote by laid-to-waste
anybody else been/went to holy cross college? i'm going there next year, looking for insight.

Holy cross near bury?

I havent been but i know a few people who have, if you want good grades by all means go, if you want constant monitoring and a school like system thats above and beyond harsh then probably best to skip.

That said it is an amazing place for academic achievment.
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Quote by mikeb2817
Holy cross near bury?

I havent been but i know a few people who have, if you want good grades by all means go, if you want constant monitoring and a school like system thats above and beyond harsh then probably best to skip.

That said it is an amazing place for academic achievment.

yeah, that's the one. i don't mind the high-school like qualities, i'm going there to get good grades.
Last week I saw someone from my year who I hadn't seen since exams. She proceeded to go OMG Ben are you excited for 8 days? I was like what the **** is happening in 8 days...she says results day :P

shows I'm not that bothered by it this year. I've got into my guitar performance course for next year, just need the grades for the year after if I decide to do Business.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Good luck ya'll, first year I haven't had to worry about this!
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by laid-to-waste
yeah, that's the one. i don't mind the high-school like qualities, i'm going there to get good grades.

Then yeah its definately a good place, we had a few transfers from my college to there and like a said a few friends go there.

Just dont piss about and youll be fine as they kick you out straight away, 2 of the three people i knew were kicked out for messing about and not achieveing what they should have been.
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Quote by mikeb2817
Then yeah its definately a good place, we had a few transfers from my college to there and like a said a few friends go there.

Just dont piss about and youll be fine as they kick you out straight away, 2 of the three people i knew were kicked out for messing about and not achieveing what they should have been.

aha, no i'm not going to piss about per se, but i will be having my share of fun outside of college. yeah, my brother went, he didn't get good enough grades in his first AS year so he got kicked out and he's doing fine in bury college now. hopefully i'll be a different story, i'm definitely going to work harder.

any fun stories from there? all i'm hearing is it's a tight ass school
Aw, shitting my pants. If this ridiculous "impossible question" paper nonsense has brought my grade down I will throw the mother of all bitch fits.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Quote by thundertwat
Aw, shitting my pants. If this ridiculous "impossible question" paper nonsense has brought my grade down I will throw the mother of all bitch fits.

If it was impossible for everyone they'll probably just lower grade boundaries or take that question out of the marking, so either way you should get a slightly higher grade.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by blankoff
If it was impossible for everyone they'll probably just lower grade boundaries or take that question out of the marking, so either way you should get a slightly higher grade.

But they need to account for time wasted on that question.
Some people I know who took it got to that question, spent a lot of time on it and then struggled to finish the paper. Yes it's their fault for not moving on, but it was a lot of marks.
Quote by papershredder
Don't worry man, your english is brilliant, and considering how bad some of the immigrants are that actually pass, I think you'll be fine

I can pass quite fine, but I am always nervious about examinations. Luckily, I am undertaking the examination a month after a trip to London, and hopefully the English girl at the school I'm spending the year with will help me.
Quote by SG_dave
You bastard, you're one of the reasons I didn't get an offer from Sheffield
They told me I was too local for their liking and they wanted to take on sudents from further afield.

I'm not even in the same quota as you are, so don't be mad!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by laid-to-waste
aha, no i'm not going to piss about per se, but i will be having my share of fun outside of college. yeah, my brother went, he didn't get good enough grades in his first AS year so he got kicked out and he's doing fine in bury college now. hopefully i'll be a different story, i'm definitely going to work harder.

any fun stories from there? all i'm hearing is it's a tight ass school

Erm, not really, other than (this is a rumour, i cant say its 100% true) the teachers were at it as much as the pupils :p.

I heard that a few teachers were caught doing extra curriculum activities with other teachers.

One of my friends that was trhown out was apparently thrown out for the smae thing but obviosuly with a fellow pupil, but i called BS on that.

Other than that iv heard its just a tight arse school :p Have fun. haha
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
My damaged brain is hoping that I've screwed all of my tests up so I can't go to college. Mostly because I cba doing all of the induction work.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I think I've got my maths nailed but the english results that I'll be getting are going to be atrocious.
Originally Posted by SG_dave
I have a friend who went to do Maths at Warwick last year. Well some kiddy version of Maths, she only needed AAB I think it was.
I got offered BBB for electronics at Warwick

But I'm now in Plymouth (at least it isn't in the middle of nowhere). In fact I think I prefer Plymouth.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Aug 14, 2011,
Quote by sfaune92

I'm not even in the same quota as you are, so don't be mad!

No hard feelings

I've become disillusioned with Sheffield anyway. It would have been nice to stay so close to home and with the people who aren't moving away, but Leeds is close enough and I'll meet new people and some old friends who went there as well.

Quote by Emperor's Child
I got offered BBB for electronics at Warwick

But I'm now in Plymouth (at least it isn't in the middle of nowhere). In fact I think I prefer Plymouth.

I wouldn't blame you. Went to visit a friend who's doing Chemistry down there. There's absolutely nothing to do there. The nearest city centre is Derby and they only have one club that's pretty shit.

Quote by FlashNinja
You guys got an impossible question this year? Do tell.

Last edited by SG_dave at Aug 14, 2011,
I'm going to go and watch the Inbetweeners movie afterwards to cheer me up
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Originally Posted by SG_dave
I wouldn't blame you. Went to visit a friend who's doing Chemistry down there. There's absolutely nothing to do there. The nearest city centre is Derby and they only have one club that's pretty shit.
Yeah, I have a friend there too. She says the same.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by mikeb2817
Erm, not really, other than (this is a rumour, i cant say its 100% true) the teachers were at it as much as the pupils :p.

I heard that a few teachers were caught doing extra curriculum activities with other teachers.

One of my friends that was trhown out was apparently thrown out for the smae thing but obviosuly with a fellow pupil, but i called BS on that.

Other than that iv heard its just a tight arse school :p Have fun. haha

is that a euphemism or is that school really that sad?
Page 1 of 5