Page 1 of 2
Hey I was just wondoring if anyone is actually using google +, it seems like all the fuss that was made over it has pretty much died.

I mainly ask because I don't know whether to use tumblr or blogspot and if everyone suddenly has a google profile then blogspot becomes a lot easier to follow people on hence blogspot would probably be the better choice.

This is of course based on my limited understanding of the internet, which admittingly is allarmingly good at confusing me.

Thanks for any responses
none of my friends use it anyway.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I don't use it and I don't know anyone who does.

Am I the only one who doesn't really see the point? It's exactly like Facebook but with fewer people on it. I only joined Facebook because all my friends kept telling me about how amazing it was.
Besides, by now Facebook is so ubiquitous that trying to replace it just adds unnecessary complexity. Only Google would try to take on something as big as Facebook, and it seems like they're only doing it because they're the only ones who can.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 13, 2011,
It'd catch on if they let people sign-up. They've been closed off for ages.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I think people wanted to get on it because, for like a week or two, it was "cool" to get invited onto it and get your friends on. But, then people realized there was practically no one on, and, much like myself, couldn't be bothered in creating a whole new online profile again, and went back to facebook.

Who knows, maybe it'll get super popular again, but I don't see it becoming the majority favorite
NOPE
I feel that everyone is on Facebook for the same reason everyone uses Google for their search engine. It's just the best out there for the job and its popular.

Google making Google+ is like Microsoft making Bing.

The vast majority of people are satisfied with another product.
sigh...
Quote by Dirge Humani
Everyone I have on Google+, with the exception of one person, is from UG.

It's pretty much this.

Though for some reason, in my UG circle, few people post. Seems most people signed up and never used it....either that or I am not being shared in their posts.

I use it though...because I like to talk to people from UG.

(check the invite thread for people to add if you want to add people)
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by enceps
I feel that everyone is on Facebook for the same reason everyone uses Google for their search engine. It's just the best out there for the job and its popular.

Google making Google+ is like Microsoft making Bing.

The vast majority of people are satisfied with another product.

Except not really. Bing doesn't really have any selling point over Google, whereas there are many aspects of Google+ I find attract me MUCH more than Facebook. FB makes me sick, the amount of stupid crap that ends up on the home page, and just the whole atmosphere. I'd switch to G+ and get as many others to as I could
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
The way I see it, google is trying to use the "cartmanland" approach with only allowing few people to get in right now. if they keep the majority of people out long enough, enough hype will build that once they open it to everyone they will have a huge surge in users, regardless of how good or bad it is purely because people want to try it because they couldn't before
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
I should also add that it's still in invite mode since it is in beta testing still.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I have it on all the time. But unfortunately because the majority of people I have on it are from UG I don't post much, if at all.

I don't want to annoy people I don't really know, yet am fine with pissing off friends on facebook with my inane updates
I have one and some of my friends do too. I think it's a good idea for people that want a social networking site without all the crap they don't use. I'm not going to give up my facebook for it just yet, I would wait till more people join on.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
The only person on mine is my brother and I haven't checked it since I signed up. I hope it catches on but whatever.
I have Google+. Its slow and sluggish and the colors/interface grew more uninteresting each day. That and I still can't figure out how to ****ing chat.

That's why I don't use it.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
It's a dumb piece of crap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, but threads about it are.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Well, my one and only friend on there is a decent proof that it not being that popular.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 14, 2011,
To paraphrase what a few people have already posted: facebook is too big.
Too many people use it and are used to it; people can't be bothered with creating a whole other profile and re-add there hundreds of "friends." At least, that's how I see.

Facebook already has the feature of posting updates, which I think makes Twitter useless (which is why I never got a Twitter account).
Facebook already has the chat feature. This, coupled with the fact that most people are always logged onto facebook on a tab when on the internet, other messengers have been abandoned (such as MSNmessenger, Yahoo messenger, etc.) Again, I have noticed this with everyone I have on facebook, none of them use anything like MSN anymore.
The only thing that facebook does not have is video chat, which is, I believe, why Skype is still thriving. However, facebook will soon be integrating video chat, so...

When most people say that facebook is full of junk, they do not know how to properly censor their newsfeed to remove regular shit posters from constantly pop up (again, the people I personally know. I don't know about you guys here).
I honestly do not find all the junk and crap that I keep reading people complain about. Game invites? Ignore them, it's not that hard... two clicks of a button to ignore it, and ignore any other game invite from that friend. I only don't agree with a few things concerning their privacy. And with that, this is the internet, simply don't post anything you aren't comfortable with the whole world seeing.

TL;DR:
facebook has so many features that weren't available in past networking sites, continues to update and add new features to the point it makes other things useless (like MSNmessenger).
It is so established that almost everyone uses it as their main (if not, only) networking site (so much so that it is THE way to properly invite people to IRL events, etc)...
...attempting to create something as even just competition is a feat only Google can try (I said try).
Anyone that wants a Google+ invite click here

(not sure how this link will work, I assume it's an auto-invite thing, I might have to approve it on G+ though)
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by page.slash

The only thing that facebook does not have is video chat, which is, I believe, why Skype is still thriving. However, facebook will soon be integrating video chat, so...
Actually, I just tried out the video chat two nights ago. Facebook and Skype teamed up on it.
Quote by page.slash
To paraphrase what a few people have already posted: facebook is too big.
Too many people use it and are used to it; people can't be bothered with creating a whole other profile and re-add there hundreds of "friends." At least, that's how I see.

Facebook already has the feature of posting updates, which I think makes Twitter useless (which is why I never got a Twitter account).
Facebook already has the chat feature. This, coupled with the fact that most people are always logged onto facebook on a tab when on the internet, other messengers have been abandoned (such as MSNmessenger, Yahoo messenger, etc.) Again, I have noticed this with everyone I have on facebook, none of them use anything like MSN anymore.

When most people say that facebook is full of junk, they do not know how to properly censor their newsfeed to remove regular shit posters from constantly pop up (again, the people I personally know. I don't know about you guys here).
I honestly do not find all the junk and crap that I keep reading people complain about. Game invites? Ignore them, it's not that hard... two clicks of a button to ignore it, and ignore any other game invite from that friend. I only don't agree with a few things concerning their privacy. And with that, this is the internet, simply don't post anything you aren't comfortable with the whole world seeing.

TL;DR:
facebook has so many features that weren't available in past networking sites, continues to update and add new features to the point it makes other things useless (like MSNmessenger).
It is so established that almost everyone uses it as their main (if not, only) networking site (so much so that it is THE way to properly invite people to IRL events, etc)...
...attempting to create something as even just competition is a feat only Google can try (I said try).

video chat is in beta currently.

and its powered by skype, so fb will actually likely be skypes best friend, and skype is now owned by microsoft, which will be incorporating it into everything from their xbox, windows and wp7 phones
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Fb chat is already in beta? Pretty sweet.
I'd also like to think it's a smart move for Skype to team with fb on, what I believe to be, an inevitable progression for fb.

Thanks for the info guys, I should go look this up.
Quote by page.slash
Fb chat is already in beta? Pretty sweet.
I'd also like to think it's a smart move for Skype to team with fb on, what I believe to be, an inevitable progression for fb.

Thanks for the info guys, I should go look this up.

theres a little more info here

https://www.facebook.com/videocalling

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
There's only hype about Google + because you have to be invited or be accepted on a waiting list to be part of it so it's "exclusive". But I'm so whatever about it because Gmail started out on that basis too and it's a free-for-all today - give it a few years and Google + will be as common as Facebook and then the next clone of the same social networking site will come along and create a "new" hype.
Check the statuses

awwww yea

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you try too hard..

why dont you throw out your computer? then youd be a true hipster...

fuck, it's in JEST.

Christ

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by sashki
I don't use it and I don't know anyone who does.

Am I the only one who doesn't really see the point? It's exactly like Facebook but with fewer people on it. I only joined Facebook because all my friends kept telling me about how amazing it was.
Besides, by now Facebook is so ubiquitous that trying to replace it just adds unnecessary complexity. Only Google would try to take on something as big as Facebook, and it seems like they're only doing it because they're the only ones who can.

Except it's better than Facebook, hence why you should be using it instead of Facebook.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Xiaoxi
fuck, it's in JEST.

Christ

to an extent it is, lets not kid ourselves

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
to an extent it is, lets not kid ourselves

I think kidding yourself is exactly the prescription you need.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I think kidding yourself is exactly the prescription you need.

but i only talk to myself in front of the mirror when im eating chicken and i dont currently have any cooked?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Page 1 of 2