I find that I am really sick of the gibson '57 classic and '57 plus that are currently in my Epiphone Les Paul Tribute. Considering that I don't want to route out my guitar and I don't want anymore humbuckers i was thinking about some humbucker spaced P-90s. I play mainly blues, blues-rock, some classic rock and psychedelia and ska. Does anyone know of any pickups that might fit what I am looking for? also does anyone know what pots to use for these pickups. Budget isn't really too much of an issue at the moment because im getting the birthday money windfall and i'd even be willing to save beyond that.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
i like the sound of the Mississippi queen and the Manhattan. Does anyone know if the Manhattan can handle overdrive well?
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf

The Burstbucker I got for my bridge pick up sounds amazing. I can't imagine a single use of it where it'd sound bad.
is it a burstbucker 2 or a burstbucker 3?
Strauss!

Quote by AeolianWolf

I just swapped out a burstbucker from my BFG, Didn't really like it tbh! I'm a big fan of seymour duncan JBs in the bridge! They really are good for 99% of things! as for the neck, i had a mean90 from GFS, and that was pretty good, although i have no doubt there are a lot better pickups!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Quote by will42
i like the sound of the Mississippi queen and the Manhattan. Does anyone know if the Manhattan can handle overdrive well?

I'd say the MQ is more suited to what you're looking for. The Manhattan is voiced for jazz, the MQ is pretty much built from the ground up for a classic rock tone. It can handle a lot of other things but classic rock was it's original design. I don't think that applies to the Manhattan (judging by most jazz related gear being pretty thoroughbred) but BKP's are pretty stunning versatility wise.

Advice? Give Tim from Bare Knuckle a call, he is the pickup guru
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
I'd say the MQ is more suited to what you're looking for. The Manhattan is voiced for jazz, the MQ is pretty much built from the ground up for a classic rock tone. It can handle a lot of other things but classic rock was it's original design. I don't think that applies to the Manhattan (judging by most jazz related gear being pretty thoroughbred) but BKP's are pretty stunning versatility wise.

Advice? Give Tim from Bare Knuckle a call, he is the pickup guru

I'm not really looking for a true classic rock tone though. I usually play blues and ska style stuff. the heaviest i really get is like Led zeppelin. and i love the tones of jazz guitar but i doubt i could live without overdrive.

EDIT: that's an international call for me so i really can't just call him.
Strauss!

Quote by AeolianWolf

Email him, then! But I believe the "classic rock" labeling is simply what it was designed for. You know, the Les Paul was a Jazz guitar but look at what it became
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
would there be any forseeable problems with putting a Manhattan in the neck and a Mississippi queen in the bridge or would the volume and character differences be to much?
Strauss!

Quote by AeolianWolf

That actually sounds like a nice calibration. I mean, it's not like you can't adjust the pickup heights if there are output differences And I like having two vastly different pickups in a guitar, especially if I want it to be versatile for many different things.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores