Hey, I want to write a new christian song. Anyone have any ideas? Ive almost finished one other song
Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I LOVE JESUS
write about jesus or something..
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
theyve all been written already... anything that couldve been made up already has. try writting about something real. maybe something with meaning rather than something that you are told from birth to believe because some people wanted to make money off empty promises.
C-------D-------G-------C
JEEEEE-EEEEE-EEEEEE-SUUUUSSSS

C-------------D---------------G-----------C
YOU'RE THE BEST I SWEAR TO GOD

x12.

I'll take 60% of profits please.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
As far as ideas go: tell a story that's relatable to anyone, but has a religious message. It shouldn't necessarily be very preachy, but something that people can identify with. A good storyline holds the whole thing together ("Believe" by Brooks and Dunn, for example). If you want a gospel-y feel, lots of plagal (IV-I) progressions work well - it reminds the listener unconsciously of the "a-men" at the end of a hymn, which is called a "plagal ending." Example: check out the chord progression of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by good ol' S&G. The abundance of IV-I is part of what makes it feel gospel-y.

----

IMHO none of the Christian pop-rock songs are all that deep lyrics-wise. If I were you I'd stick to country and/or gospel, that's the best Christian music out there. I'm not Christian myself, but country and gospel are some of my favorites anyway - they're especially relatable for religious people, but likable and accessible to pretty much anyone. Case in point: "Jesus Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood. Its message is Christian but it's deeper than just "I love Jesus, God is awesome, blah blah blah" - it tells a story that everyone can relate to, also.

This is my opinion, anyway. Country and gospel will take you farther than pop and rock will with the religious music, and more people will listen to it than just the core Bible-belt group. Good luck with your writing!
Please don't eat Papayas ...
Quote by Reisgar42
C-------D-------G-------C
JEEEEE-EEEEE-EEEEEE-SUUUUSSSS

C-------------D---------------G-----------C
YOU'RE THE BEST I SWEAR TO GOD

x12.

I'll take 60% of profits please.

This kid is awesome

Write from the heart and try your hardest not to be cliche or write anything that will make me want to murder you. Try to be original in the way you express your emotions. If you just want to write a song about how great you think god is come up with the coolest way you can think of to say how great god is. I'm not a christian. Infact I'm an athiest but one time I did write about how much I loved iced coffee, Lost, and sex, so I guess I might know what I'm talking about.