Hey guys!

Need help from the UG community. I have serious doubts according to my new guitar and amp. I finally made my mind... I will buy a Stratocaster but now I need to know which amp suits better.

Genres: Well... mostly hard rock, american rock (creed style), blues (old style and new) and a bit of pop. I really dig Hendrix, John Frusciante, SRV, John Mayer and Richie Kotzen.

New or used: Well, it could be used, but I think it suits best as new.

Budget: Around US$ 1500 (tube amp).

Closest City: Orlando, FL (Actually I live in Brazil, but will travel to Orlando).

Current Gear: I have a Peavey Valveking 112 and no guitar (a guy broke the neck of my LP and will pay me the money). I had a Gibson Les Paul that I was playing for 3 years... And yet my dream always will be to play like Hendrix.

Thanks in advance.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500
well i'm a strat guy and oddly enough i use a VK. however if i had $1500 laying around for an amp i'd probably get one of the Mesa line. Used MKIV would fit your budget. it's been my experience that a strat will work with pretty much any amp. they get somewhat noisey with high gain amps.
Quote by monwobobbo
well i'm a strat guy and oddly enough i use a VK. however if i had $1500 laying around for an amp i'd probably get one of the Mesa line. Used MKIV would fit your budget. it's been my experience that a strat will work with pretty much any amp. they get somewhat noisey with high gain amps.

I'd go with a Mesa LoneStar if you would run a Strat though a Mesa.

I have a VK too, and it's excellent for my strat, great amp for single coils....but to get a Creed tone, you can't really get that with a SSS strat, you need humbucker, and a high gain amp.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I'd go with a Mesa LoneStar if you would run a Strat though a Mesa.

I have a VK too, and it's excellent for my strat, great amp for single coils....but to get a Creed tone, you can't really get that with a SSS strat, you need humbucker, and a high gain amp.

I own both amps and will second the vote for the Mesa Lonestar. I also have my wife's Lonestar Special 212 in the guitar room. Either version of the Lonestar will work well with a Strat. Both are heavy, but sound sweet with this guitar.
I forgot to say but I want preferably a HEAD amp. I'm tired of carrying around those heavy combos... with a head amp I could just make two travels and divide the weight. But I guess there isn't many head amps with that purpose of sound. Most of them are for gain based play, right?

Forgot to mention but the Creed tone is not my purpose at all. I really dig Mark Tremonti but he is not my model right now... Currently I'm much more in a SRV mood than Tremonti.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500
Last edited by heliosneto at Aug 14, 2011,
Nah mate.

Theres plenty of bluesy heads about.

Look into the ceriatone marshall/dumble copies, budda, laney, ENGL classic, fender, orange.

You could pick up a used mesa mark III head.
Quote by heliosneto
I forgot to say but I want preferably a HEAD amp. I'm tired of carrying around those heavy combos... with a head amp I could just make two travels and divide the weight. But I guess there isn't many head amps with that purpose of sound. Most of them are for gain based play, right?

Forgot to mention but the Creed tone is not my purpose at all. I really dig Mark Tremonti but he is not my model right now... Currently I'm much more in a SRV mood than Tremonti.

I'd still go for the Mesa LoneStar. Fits your bill perfectly.
Well Hendrix did use marshalls mostly.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by beckyjc

Look into the ceriatone marshall/dumble copies

Yes, please do. That'd be perfect.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass