The bridge on my Strat popped out. How do I fix?

I was removing the strings (the plate where there's a hole for the strings to go in/out doesn't match up with the bridge, it's a little off center to the left:

so as I was hitting the whammy a bit to get the bridge holes into the space I felt the bridge basically fall off. I turned the guitar over and the bridge was barely hanging on. I unscrewed the back plate and this is what I saw:

after wiggling it around a bit I realized that the springs were the only things holding the bridge in place. There are no screw holes at the top. Only these half moon holes like this (the half moons at the bottom):

So how is this supposed to be attached?
On the face of the guitar, there are two posts where the "half-moons" line up. Once you start stringing your guitar, the tension caused by the strings will keep the bridge aligned with the posts. The recommended way to string theses bridges are to replace one string at a time, to avoid the problem you have right now. It's a very simple fix, though
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Quote by rickygarcia90
On the face of the guitar, there are two posts where the "half-moons" line up. Once you start stringing your guitar, the tension caused by the strings will keep the bridge aligned with the posts. The recommended way to string theses bridges are to replace one string at a time, to avoid the problem you have right now. It's a very simple fix, though

Thanks for the help mate.
That's why they call it a "floating" bridge It's counter balance of the string tension and springs that keep the bridge in position. The knife-edges (aka "half-moons" that you refer to) give you the pivot point on which the bridge moves as you use the tremolo arm.