Hey guys,

I'm drunk
So I will be funny
...or not.

Aight, so what's the first item I got?
lemme present you the bass I got 2 months ago: fender jazz bass standard for 350 bucks.
fuck yeah.

What's better than a Fender?
lemme tell ya.

Wolfetone pickups. On a Gibson SG.

Know that I bought a hard case for that SG today. The mofo at the store told me my SG would fit and showed me how he could easily insert a Epi SG in there.
He lied. Gibsons are bigger.

JUST LIKE MY D***

yeah, couldn't resist. Ahem. Next?
oh yeah, forgot theh rieview.

playing through my Fender Bassman, the Dr Vintage is much mellower than I thought it would be. This is extremely good, as I love mellow cleans. It remains very clear, still. I love its clean sound, and it is exactly what I wanted. As for its overdriven sound, it is not as clear, but it still has a very interesting sound that I know I'll use. Either way, I wanted this pickup for a clean sound, and it does both clean and overdrive better than the Gibson pickup I had before.
As for the Marshallhead, I did expect a bit more volume. When I finally got both of them at the kind of output levels I was looking for, I realized the Marshallhead was less than a centimeter away from the strings, whereas the DrV was in my pickguard. Nonetheless, I get the sound I want from both of them, so I am in the end quite happy with the levels of volume. The difference is also less noticeable than it was with the Gibson pickups, which is a huge plus, as I always had to have my neck volume at 4 to keep the levels equal.
The MH, as I said, sounds very clear, bright and has some nice twang. I doubt I will use it that much as a lone clean pickup to be honest, but I didn't want it to be a very clean pickup. It does the kind of dirty sounds I am looking for extremely well, and is once again what I was looking for in this regard.
Now, the position I use 90% of the time is the middle position, and this combination of pickups gives me an extremely balanced sound, very easy to work with.

Oh yeah.
What's next? I already talked about my SG and my bass, but did anyone know I ordered a guitar in march? I received it last week.

What's better than a gibbo? 2 of em.

It's Gibson, biatch.

Yeah, a Les Paul Tribute 60s. It looks amazing, sounds amazing, feels amazing, and it's beautiful. It really is a guitar worth muuuuch more than its price. I loved my SG, I now love my LP. The pickups are very clear sounding, very sweet, very clear and very sweet. Plus, they're cream.

Oh, and the neck is jizz-worthy.

I need to apologize for my foul language.
Oh, and I heard they were cutting the price down by using a thousand pieces of wood for the back of the guitar.

8 pieces you said?

I can't find more than one.
okay, maybe 2 at most.

All in all, it's been great these last few months. I had a really hard time with the wolfetone pups, but it came from a wiring mistake I made.

Oh, admins, please don't hate me for this foul language. I am sorry in advance, but I swear, I'm very drunk. Indeed.

The word indeed is so sweet, don't you think? I'm french, from France, though I now live in Canada, and it actually makes me feel british.

At least, there's red and white in all of our flags.

edit: mandatory family picture.
Last edited by Darkflame at Aug 13, 2011,
god, this makes me wanna get drunk.

i had been eyeing some wolfetones for a little while. damn dude, that is some supreme stuff.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
looks like a 2 piece back to me.

the figuring on that neck is saaawweeeeet.

nice bass and pups too.

clearly drunk on water, or are you preparing for the morning?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Everything looks awesome.

HNStuffD!!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
family pic, dearlings

Quote by gregs1020
looks like a 2 piece back to me.

the figuring on that neck is saaawweeeeet.

nice bass and pups too.

clearly drunk on water, or are you preparing for the morning?

I'M PREPARING FOR YOUR *censored*
sorry, nothing meant to offend.
I'm just drunk, we got family I haven't seen in 10 years over =D
Last edited by Darkflame at Aug 13, 2011,
I am going to go to bed soon. However, I don't want this thread to die, as it is epic and I awnt to be able to show my rig.
Whatever happens, please make sure you always have a post under mine. This way, I'll be able to shamelessly bump eventually by replying!

edit: and I agree, looks like a 2 piece back.

And these wolfetones are yummy.
Last edited by Darkflame at Aug 14, 2011,
how do you find the time to play all of those guitars?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Umm can i have one? Idc which one, just one.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
i can't make out the semi-hollow. almost looks like it says gretcsh on the headstock but doesn't look like gretcsh pups.

dayum
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
yea they are pretty incredible guitars for the money. ppl bash gibson P-90s but i think they are okay.

i guess it really comes down to the amp and how you set them up.

also, spin the neck pup on the SG, they sound better the other way around.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 14, 2011,
hahaha i'm never opening that SG again. had too many issues, took me 3 days to make it work xD
My guitar's well set up and I believe I have all right amps, don't I? =D I really believe these pickups are jewels hehe, people bash gibson to look cool nowadays.
That, or because Gibsons aren't BROOTAL AND GOOD FOR METAL
this is my thread, screw metal!
it's your tone.

lol.

also, let's see some pics in the light. i want to see it's birthmarks!
haha that was in the light, I have a very bad camera xD
there's a tiny crack, right under the 19th fret, between the cutaway and the pickguard :P that's it though, no other flaw at all =)
Oh, and I got a hard case for my SG yesterday, and it didn't fit, turns out they gave me a LP case by accident, so they changed it for me today.
I'm so tiredddddd
I'm due for my NGW. This has has inspired me. Going to try and get mine up tonight!

Congrats dude!!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Thanks buddies =)
Laidback, if you need any help with the installation of your NGW, ring me up :P

I just put half my guitars in their hard cases so they'd stay alive, I realized the other day that my Silhouette had a few clings on its back... However, now, I have to go in my closet and find the cases, so in the end it might not be great and i won't play em as much anymore =(