I must once ask again the wisdom of UG,

I'm thinking about trading my MIM strat for a VHT classic 18, I play literally any style the main forms being jazz, classic rock and metal. I have pedals for metal so getting distortion isn't the biggest issue.

Has anyone had experience with this amp? I'm not particularly partial to my MIM strat and would prefer an amp that could be used in a band situation.

Cheers
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
i'm interested too. i've "heard" it's a sort of marshally 18 watt clone but haven't had the chance to try one.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
well that's what the description says anyway i looked up some youtube clips, sounds great imo

waiting for the guy to reply, his ad has been up for a while so maybe he's desperate and will accept the offer
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 13, 2011,
thanks

clipz if i get it
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
okay, he asked if i wanted to go look at the amp and he can look at the guitar...

is this a fair trade? especially since i put seymour duncans in it...
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
if you are worried about getting your money back out of the guitar as far as pickups go, pull them out and put the stockers back in. 99% of the things you do to gear don't increase it in value even if it is an improvement.

a used MIM strat around here goes for $250-300.

if he will do ti take it and run.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
well trouble is i'm using the mim pickups in my squire now (which i actually prefer over the mim strat anyway) and don't really like the duncans

not to mention i already told him they were in there...stupid me, i didn't think he was going to accept the offer

it's a fair 50 minute drive for me so i wanna be sure i want to do it before i make the effort
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
dude, its a 3 minute drive for me. i live in the same suburb..
mojostompboxes.com
wanna deliver it for me?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
where do you even live? im in five dock. i might go buy it and sell it to you for thousands.
mojostompboxes.com
i'll trade you a DS1 for it

i live down in the sutherland shire, in como...so yeah, getting anywhere is a pain in the ass
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
one and a half?

(my modded one is in pieces atm )
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Ippon
So, the GG&A curse has been lifted?

wut?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
yeah look, if he takes it i won't really mind so much, maybe i just want it under impulse
chances are i'll probably end up selling my V and strat and getting something better

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
i live down in the sutherland shire

...I wanna live in The Shire...

Report back on how you like the amp. I haven't played one, either.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
guy backed out on trade, he wanted ma money not my guitars

whatevs
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
GG&A curse lives on.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
what'd you offer him?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
pics or it was a ds-1
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I just bought the VHT Classic 18. It is my first tube amp ever, and my last amp was a Spider so take thing with a grain of salt. But I have to say I like it. The cleans are really thick. I really like em. But, like you said, you need your pedals if your going anything harder than a rolling stones 60s era rock. I'm sure you already have your distortion figured out, so that wont be a problem. I play mostly 80s hard rock and a little bit of modern metal and its working good for me so far, but I like improvising with blues and jazz tracks and those cleans just sound great (I'm using an LP by the way, so your strat will sound different for sure.) If I did have a complaint, it would be the reverb footswitch it comes with. its basically a hunk of plastic with a button. But yeah I would check it out.