Im wanting to expand and start learning Ambient for metal, because in my opinion it sounds very intriguing. Im looking for things that would sound good for dropped tuning, so if anyone can help it would be very nice.
There's no 'ambient-sounding scale.' You have to use notes wisely. Honestly, ambiance probably depends more on your sound then the notes you use. Try moving melodically by perfect fourths, they tend to sound somewhat empty.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
pretty much what is stated above

and hold chords out for a decent time for each one

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Enzo912
Im wanting to expand and start learning Ambient for metal, because in my opinion it sounds very intriguing. Im looking for things that would sound good for dropped tuning, so if anyone can help it would be very nice.

Try the Lydian Ambient scale.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Keth
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You might have messed him up for good Munky.

He asked for an ambient scale so It seems someone beat me to it!
shred is gaudy music
Use your ears. Scales wont write music for you. Hear that ambient vibe in your head, hear the notes you want to play and go for it.

The closest scale to helping you on your way (vaguely) would be Lydian or Whole tone for their dreamy qualities, made via combining Maj3rd intervals with b5's. Basically you need to identify what vibe you want and learn some relationships between intervals to pin point the characteristics you want to include.

To be honest just use your imagination and forget the rules, you can find that sound in your head man just have the faith.
You guys, I'm hungry. What's a good hamburger scale?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
You guys, I'm hungry. What's a good hamburger scale?

Big BK's Dolla Scale- each interval is 99 cents, hehehe.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Quote by iancmtaylor
Big BK's Dolla Scale- each interval is 99 cents, hehehe.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana