Why Billy Hydes? There's so many more cheaper places.

Marshall JCM800, Vintage Modern? A boost if you're doing Metallica though.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Why Billy Hydes? There's so many more cheaper places.

Marshall JCM800, Vintage Modern? A boost if you're doing Metallica though.

I must say that after my LP purchase there I trust them and I have a Marshall MG30FX and dont marshalls suck? wait a minute...

Marshalls most definitely don't suck! MGs suck.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Marshalls most definitely don't suck! MGs suck.

Important distinction huh, care to offer further advice?
Quote by xChR0MaTiCx
I must say that after my LP purchase there I trust them and I have a Marshall MG30FX and dont marshalls suck? wait a minute...

Marshall MG's definitely aren't a good representation of their amps. MArshall aren't know for their solid state amps. You want a all tube marshall. of course those cost an arm, a leg, and a left testicle plus a blood donation to purchase.
Advice: Don't buy an MG.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by xChR0MaTiCx
Important distinction huh, care to offer further advice?

I'm right behind the JCM800. It's more gain than necessary for Zep-type stuff, but it's great for Metallica--early Metallica, anyway--and it's basically what Slash used, though his had diode clipping built in.

Oh, and I don't know about Australia, but around here used JCM800s generally go for around 500-1000USD.

Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Aug 14, 2011,
Aussie prices suck, if you're going to get a JCM800, go used.

New here they get up to around the $2000+ mark
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by AeolianSeventh
I'm right behind the JCM800. It's more gain than necessary for Zep-type stuff, but it's great for Metallica--early Metallica, anyway--and it's basically what Slash used, though his had diode clipping built in.

Oh, and I don't know about Australia, but around here used JCM800s generally go for around 500-1000USD.

Slash didn't use a JCM 800, he used a Silver Jubilee for the Use Your Illusion albums.

Anyway, a JCM 800 will do what you want - but it won't be easy to get cleans out of it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Raijouta
Slash didn't use a JCM 800, he used a Silver Jubilee for the Use Your Illusion albums.

Anyway, a JCM 800 will do what you want - but it won't be easy to get cleans out of it.

What about Appetite for Destruction?

and do Marshalls always have poor cleans? because they're horrid on the MG
Not on the better models, the Vintage Modern has great cleans.

As Raijouta said, getting cleans on an 800 won't be as easy but can be done.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
no most marshalls have good cleans just not let the mg bring marshall down like that.. all their other amps are so much better you could even look into their dsl models. thats what i was going to get but now im getting a jvm instead because here there was no more dsl's left..
they're the best looking amps thats for sure doesnt yngwie malmsteen (fave guitarist) use them as well?
yeah, he has a signature head as well

but that doesn't mean you should get a marshall because they look good
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
i heard yngwie used to use dsl's for his live stuff since he couldnt take his old heads on the road and at risk
It's incredible unlikely Slash used a Silver Jubilee for AfD--it didn't come out until after the album was finished and being released. Anyway, the Silver Jubilee is a JCM derivative.

Yngwie used either a Marshall 1959 or a 1987, I forget which. He and Slash both have sigs.

The JTM45, JTM45/100, 1987, 1959 and VM have great cleans. The JCM900 and JCM2000 have okay cleans. The JCM800 and (this is debatable) 2061 have below-average cleans. The MGs have terrible cleans. The others...are somewhere between great and terrible.

Quote by AeolianSeventh
It's incredible unlikely Slash used a Silver Jubilee for AfD--it didn't come out until after the album was finished and being released. Anyway, the Silver Jubilee is a JCM derivative.

Yngwie used either a Marshall 1959 or a 1987, I forget which. He and Slash both have sigs.

The JTM45, JTM45/100, 1987, 1959 and VM have great cleans. The JCM900 and JCM2000 have okay cleans. The JCM800 and (this is debatable) 2061 have below-average cleans. The MGs have terrible cleans. The others...are somewhere between great and terrible.

Hmm so JCM is best then? Just a Slash and Yngwie sound would be perfect, in terms of narrowing it down a good clean is not essential but nice
Meh it's okay.

Yes you do need a speaker cabinet, otherwise you won't be able to use it.

Just get the bloody JCM.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by xChR0MaTiCx
What about this amp: http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/prod/76/JMD100/Marshall_JMD100_Valve_Guitar_Amplifier_Head.aspx

Also do I need a speaker cabinet to go with the head if I dont need the amp to be loud?

I wouldn't bother with the JMD, heard a great deal of bad things about it...

Yes, you need a speaker cabinet. An amp head cannot make sound without a speaker.

If you want a Marshall-sounding amp with cleans and dirt, I'd look at the Laney VH100R. Footswitchable.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I wouldn't bother with the JMD, heard a great deal of bad things about it...

Yes, you need a speaker cabinet. An amp head cannot make sound without a speaker.

If you want a Marshall-sounding amp with cleans and dirt, I'd look at the Laney VH100R. Footswitchable.

Cheers, whats the purpose of that small speaker in the middle then?
There's no speaker in amp heads.

And for the love of god change your signature
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
There's no speaker in amp heads.

And for the love of god change your signature

I like my sig though :P and thanks for all your help. You might be annoyed to know that Im Privet Tovarish
Lol's more bans for you.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Lol's more bans for you.

Lol I already PM'd a mod saying I want to return to Forum of the banned and my account name is the same as my original account name without the 0, so trust me I'm not worried
Gee, i'm so annoyed. Gah.

Oh no...

so...

frustrated.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Gee, i'm so annoyed. Gah.

Oh no...

so...

frustrated.

Considering you were annoyed helping me with the LP, you should be annoyed now helping me with an amp
Yeah gee whiz, you sure got me.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore