I've had my guitar for a while but never really noticed that my g string doesn't have that little grove. and does it matter?http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/killermonkey915/?action=view&current=IMG_0192.jpg
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Last edited by NIN1993 at Aug 14, 2011,
That's an Earvana compensated nut. The strings are all adjusted to have something closer to optimum scale length, so they're all a bit different. The g string slot is normal, they just gave is a slightly shorter length and therefore didn't take that chunk out of the nut.
That's interesting. Never actually seen an Earvana nut IRL. Looks weird as hell.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yup, as said, its an Earvana Compensated Nut. they're pretty standard for the LTD/ESP guitars.

they're supposed to look like that. it's jst to try and get intonation as close as possible.

and to Offworld, you wouldn't even notice it while you were playing. haha it's very minimal
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"