Hey guys, I recently added some tracks on my soundcloud page that I'd like some feedback on. The most recent two are songs that I wrote myself and the rest is material that my band has written.

All guitars are done by me and I did the drums using ezdrummer. Bass guitar is programmed on the tracks "Defile" and "Crystal Fiber"

I'm pretty new to recording and mixing as I've only been at it for a couple weeks, so I still have a lot to learn, but again, any sort of criticism/feedback addressing any aspect of these songs is greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to return the favor!

http://soundcloud.com/impulsivedesign
Crystal Fiber:

Regarding sound and mixing, I'd perhaps liked a bit more mid on the guitars. Drums sound a bit tinny, perhaps you could EQ them to get a bit more body, feels like they could use just a little more room as well, either through mic setup in ezdrummer or ye olde 'verb. Somehow it sounds better on the choruses (or w/e, parts with lead guitar) though. Overall it sounds quite good though, perhaps a little bassy (reference similar tracks and, possibly, use a frequency analyser!). You could perhaps cut some of the very lowest frequencies which largely just tend to muddle things up. But anyway, nice job!

The song itself feels quite empty - there's nothing wrong with it as such, but it feels as accompaniment more than anything. Not sure if you're saying "instrumental demos" as in demos of instrumentals or demos recorded without vocals for the time being, if it's the latter it's of course much less of a problem. However, the first part felt just a tad awkward, the syncopation got a bit old and it felt like it could use some fills or even Sepultura-esque lead guitar - not sure if this part's intended to have vocals.

If/when you feel like returning critique: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470085
Thanks for the tips man. I'll consider all of that. And yeah, all of these songs except for "Set The Stage" are written with the intent to include vocals eventually. I just haven't had the means to do so, and I probably won't for a little while. I spent quite a bit of time on these, but I've just been eager to get my music out there, if that makes any sense.

Also, I definitely agree that I need to include more fills and such to add flavor to these musically.