So i just got an ibanez rga7, i couldn't rent any (since i'm thinking of buying a seven string, which seems likely and there were no used ones for rent) so my dad bought me the thing and we're gonna return it after before the thirty day return is up, which is risky but i think he might let me keep it because i'm working for him doing dry walling and my parent's are splitting and trying to win my affection but aside from that. I'm looking for some song's, preferably metal, interludes and such that make use of the B or A (in drop A) string, right now i'm learning wither my dream theater, i'm open to any suggestions, i just love clean riff's in B or drop A.

Btw the guitar is awesome, if i keep it i'll get blackout's because the ibby pickups are muddy (not too bad though), and refinish it. The neck is amazing.
Last edited by maowcat at Aug 14, 2011,
A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater has some really nice clean parts as well. Don't let the length fool you. It's actually relatively easy, save for some small sections.
You can't really do it that well on an electric but Do You Like Tricks, Chris? by Craig D'Andrea is on a 7 string acoustic. Not really what you like but you can take a look if you want
Quote by super_strat
A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater has some really nice clean parts as well. Don't let the length fool you. It's actually relatively easy, save for some small sections.

Uhh that first minute and 30 second was pure beauty, thanks a lot. Great song thus far.
Edit: Holy shit james sounds like Dickinson or Halford at some points in this song, crazy.

Quote by BrianFantana
You can't really do it that well on an electric but Do You Like Tricks, Chris? by Craig D'Andrea is on a 7 string acoustic. Not really what you like but you can take a look if you want

That's pretty cool actually, i appreciate a lot of acoustic stuff, i just never see it on seven strings. I'm open to suggestions here, honestly the only things i'm not into is jazz and blues, i love classical music also, especially darker, melodic stuff. Moonlight sonata is honestly one of my favourite song's.
Last edited by maowcat at Aug 14, 2011,
Quote by Dregen
CAFO by Animals as Leaders has some sick clean stuff in it.

They are extremely talented but i prefer less technical playing than that. On impulse is a pretty cool song i'm gonna check out more of there stuff, didn't like CAFO though.
i luv clasical music 2 specialy that moonlight sonata song 2 very dark n melodic

im so open minded
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
i luv clasical music 2 specialy that moonlight sonata song 2 very dark n melodic

im so open minded

Open minded people wouldn't spell Sonata right.

Anything by Animals As Leaders like the above mentioned, but my favorite clean riff on a seven string would have to be the clean section in The Crusade by Trivium, that is such a catchy riff.
Quote by Guilher
Nevermore - Sentient 6

Holy shit the vocalist is brilliant, watching the song live, it's interesting, not something i'd normally listen to but really cool.

Edit: **** i've listened to the song like 10 times now
Last edited by maowcat at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by MoogleRancha

im so open minded

moogle you need to release a coffee table or possibly a toilet book which is a compilation of all your posts in the false threads that crop up here. I would read it everyday, everyshit.
Quote by maowcat
They are extremely talented but i prefer less technical playing than that. On impulse is a pretty cool song i'm gonna check out more of there stuff, didn't like CAFO though.

Look up Tosin Abasi on youtube and he has cool videos of him playing stuff.
UG's New Zealand Resident!
Quote by The Necrotizer
moogle you need to release a coffee table or possibly a toilet book which is a compilation of all your posts in the false threads that crop up here. I would read it everyday, everyshit.

"Moogle's Musings and Malarky"
Philosophy > Life