Page 1 of 3
Hey Pit,

I'll keep this short because my fingers hurt, but I just had my first experience in snow since I was a little kid. It snowed today, one of the few times that it will ever snow in this part of the country ever (It probably won't again for the rest of my lifetime). I got ****ed up at first because I was out there in a shirt and sandals, so my back and toes are almost completely numb because I was too cool to wear a coat or socks.

Anyway, I got to dress warm and make a snowman, Pit.

Also, when I was out with the torch lighting up the snowman for the camera, I discovered that the falling snow was refracting the light of the torch. This meant that I got to be entertained for about 10 minutes looking down the beam of a torch and seeing my snowman go wavy.

Critique my snowman, or discuss snow in general.
Last edited by devourke at Aug 14, 2011,
Snow is far prettier on a winter night through a fogged window, than actually out in the middle of it.

That's all I have to say about snow.
^ +1

I've always wondered what it would be like to rarely experience snow. Everywhere I've lived has gotten it quite frequently and I've grown to despise it.
It never snows in Texas.

When it does we don't get much, but I love it and play in it like a little kid. I wish I lived farther north
Quote by UntilISleep
It never snows in Texas.

Okay

Quote by UntilISleep
When it does we don't get much

Um, what? You said never
your snowman needs a bath :P

i can't say i ever remember snow. considering i live in Australia, and at the top of it, snow just doesn't happen xD
When I was a kid I used to make a snowball at the first snow fall every year and put it in the freezer. That way, it lasted forever. (it does eventually shrink to a little grey ball of ice, though, in reality.)

What country do you live in with weather like that?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
When I was a kid I used to make a snowball at the first snow fall every year and put it in the freezer. That way, it lasted forever. (it does eventually shrink to a little grey ball of ice, though, in reality.)

What country do you live in with weather like that?

New Zealand, bro. It snows in the South Island, and it snows in the middle of the North Island, but it doesn't usually snow anywhere else. And according to the meteorolologist it won't snow here again in our lifetimes.
I ate bits of ice, then was sick.

I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 14, 2011,
I hate snow. Winter is pretty cool, I love cold weather for the most part.. but god damn, at least in my town, they don't know how to deal with the snow. They hardly ever plow, and when they do, they push it into retarded places where it hinders the ability to drive normally. Not to mention they don't clear sidewalks here, good luck pulling out of driveways with 16 feet of snow blocking your view..

Random rant is done. It's 5 am and I haven't slept yet.. Forgive me.

Point still stands, **** snow. It must be different if you never get it, but it's just a damn hassle to me. And it's not fun to play in after 19 years.. Just annoying. Especially when snow gets in your shirt or something.. that's the worst. I'm rambling. Gotta sleep now kthnx.
I also tried to write my name in the snow with pee, but I used all my juice up on the J, so I only got one letter done. : (
Quote by UntilISleep
TS did you snowball fight?

Please tell me you had a snowball fight.

Those things are sick. It always ends with with 3 guys at the hospital and one dead. Those frozen balls can kill.
Quote by guitar/bass95
Those things are sick. It always ends with with 3 guys at the hospital and one dead. Those frozen balls can kill.

Wanna know the secret? Put sharp rocks in them, knocks the competition out quicker.
My first time was in the snow too! Oh, wait a minute...
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by UntilISleep
Wanna know the secret? Put sharp rocks in them, knocks the competition out quicker.

Its going to be winter soon... with this tip I can win every damn snowball fight...
Quote by UntilISleep

One time, my friend took a small rock, covered it with snow so it would look like a gigantic snow ball, then proceeded to scrape mud onto it and other nasty shit, and to top it off he marinated it in beer. And then threw it. And I had my mouth open, and it flew straight into my mouth
Quote by Shinami
One time, my friend took a small rock, covered it with snow so it would look like a gigantic snow ball, then proceeded to scrape mud onto it and other nasty shit, and to top it off he marinated it in beer. And then threw it. And I had my mouth open, and it flew straight into my mouth

Epic way to go. The doctors probably got great laughs
Quote by UntilISleep
It never snows in Texas.

Someone should call their band this. Especially if it's a shitty post rock band.
Quote by UntilISleep
TS did you snowball fight?

Please tell me you had a snowball fight.

I wrecked my snowman with a couple of snowballs.
Quote by spitonastranger
Someone should call their band this. Especially if it's a shitty post rock band.

I called my band 'It never snows in Dubai', and we're NOT a shitty post rock band!

We're good!
Quote by devourke
I wrecked my snowman with a couple of snowballs.

Thats not a fight. Snowmen don't fight back. The point of snowball fight is to get your face rearranged. And if the snowman did fight back, you should get worried about yourself...
I actually like a little snow but it can get too much. The last two winters in my country have been unusual long and cold. At one point, we had to rent a bobcat excavator at work to make sure we didn't get snowed in.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
Where I live we get snow maybe once a year...it's pretty special cause it's impossible to get anywhere with a car since I live on a hill (they don't get snow 200m lower in the town (You can see the town from where I live) so it's pretty funny...I live near the sea tho. ). So yeah it's awesome Even tho I prefer warm. Where do you live anyway? walking around in sandals during the winter?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I live in Canada, snow is about as frequent as wind here so i get kinda tired of it, it is really pretty sometimes though... Just not when it stops you from leaving your driveway
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Devourke, are you from Welly or something? I'm in palmy north and not even the bad weather wants to come here I want snow!! We're about the only place in the lower North Island that doesnt get snow...
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by guitar/bass95
Im finnish. We have snow like 100 days a year.

And I have to say Im glad to live here

Me too. Me too...

I mean last winter the first time it snowed it was still like... October? And there was still snow everywhere in April... Usually its from Nov/Dec to March. I love skiing though

EDIT: to reply to the topic, my first time was in last november with my ex.
Last edited by fc89konkari at Aug 14, 2011,
Page 1 of 3