hi, I'll start off by saying (in an embarrassed tone) that I'm a bit of a "noob" when it comes to amps.
I'm currently running a Fender Mexican Tele through a Roland Cube 60 (Not the XL series) but have just bought an LTD EC-1000 which should arrive at my house on tuesday.
Basically, I always here the "Don't have a good guitar through a bad amp", and basically I was wondering does my Roland need updating?
I've read great things about the Vypyr amps and was just wondering if updating to that (or something similar) would benefit me at all, would it make a large difference or a small difference to my sound?

I play mostly "heavy" things (I know some guys won't class it as heavy music but whatever) such as A day to remember, A7x, trivium, Metallica, Enter Shikari, Pierce the veil and even sometimes things like The wombats, you me at six and the kooks.
So basically I want to know if my cube will sound better with better knowledge of how amps work and how to get the best sound or if i should get a new amp (As well as learn things).
So yeah, if I was to get a new amp it would have to have sweet distortion sounds (like the bands listed above) but also have crunch settings, good clean settings and good low gain settings (such as the arctic monkeys).

I hope this makes sense haha!

Thanks!
The rolands a fine amp, swapping it for a vypyr is just going sideways really.

For the time being, you dont need another modeler. If you want to get seriously invested in it, start saving for a valve amp, that will get you the best results.
Peavey 6505+ combo sounds like a viable option for you. Would cover all those heavy sounds without a problem, and the cleans on the 112 combo are actually quite nice.
They Vypyr is also a good option, although if you want something a little more plug n play that provides amazing tones then the 6505+ 112 is more for you.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by beckyjc
The rolands a fine amp, swapping it for a vypyr is just going sideways really.

For the time being, you dont need another modeler. If you want to get seriously invested in it, start saving for a valve amp, that will get you the best results.

I forgot to ask this in the post, does headphones alter the sound/give it a better sound?
Im in a small room so the sound seems more "compressed" (i think is the word im looking for) and it goes through the whole house haha, when im in the living room (very rare) the sound porjects more and just sounds nicer.
Will the headphones stop it from being "compressed" in my small room or will it be generally bad?
So basically, are headphones viable and will they alter the sound?
Well speakers, headphones, drivers in general all sound different based on how theyre designed, so i cant say if it will sound better. But yes it will sound different.
A lot of the desirable sound characteristics that guitarists like are produced by a quality speaker in a well made cabinet. You will lose that with most if not all headphones.