I play metal and rock of all kinds and I'm just looking for a good guitar under a thousand dollars. I was looking at the Sterling JP100D, Ibanez RG870 and the Ibanez RG920QM. Not really sure which would be the best for the price but I'm leaning towards the Sterling because it come with Dimarzio pickups in it. But if the RG guitars are better in quality then I can just switch out the pickups on one of those instead. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks!!!!

-Calvin
JP100DP, any day.

Unless you want a Floyd, go for the Ibanez.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Don't really care about having a floyd rose as I don't really use the wammy bar and I like to change tuning easily.
How far down in tuning do you want to go?
Half step would be...doable, but a pain.
Going from standard to standard C# wouldn't happen.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I normally just stay in standard but I like to be able to get to dropped d easily. Besides that I normally don't go any lower.
I dont know if you can do this with the edge zero2 (the trem on an rg premium) but if you want a floyd and like to tune to D buy a D-tuna for your floyd rose
Quote by ibanez2011
I dont know if you can do this with the edge zero2 (the trem on an rg premium) but if you want a floyd and like to tune to D buy a D-tuna for your floyd rose

You can only put a D-Tuna on a floyd rose that is in the style of an OFR, so it definitely wouldn't work on the Edge Zero. Plus you have to block the trem to be dive-only for it to work.
Don't D Tuna's only really work when it's on top of the body? and with an actual Floyd.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!