Finally got my taylor 210e in! Just have a couple of questions on cleaning and maintenance. any suggestions for cleaning supplies? how do the affect the wood of a guitar if at all? do i use the same cleaning supplies on satin and gloss? what about the fingerboard? also when cleaning the fingerboard is it safe to remove all 6 strings or just clean as i go along?
For cleaning, you can buy guitar cleaners that should do it easy enough. Planet Waves does quite a nice one. I've even used Mr. Sheen on mine before, no damage whatsoever. I've also gone down the route of "just a slightly damp cloth" and again, it's been fine.

For the fretboard, if it's Rosewood or Ebony, the general consensus is Lemon Oil. Put a few drops on the fretboard, leave it a while, then wipe off.

Don't worry, it won't affect the sound.

Yeah, it's perfectly safe to remove all six strings at a time, just don't leave it for days like that. Guitars aren't quite as delicate as some people think!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Joeval

Yeah, it's perfectly safe to remove all six strings at a time, just don't leave it for days like that. Guitars aren't quite as delicate as some people think!

You could leave it without strings for months and it would be fine.

I would generally suggest a VERY slightly damp cloth for wipe downs. Anything above and beyond that isn't strictly necessary to keeping your guitar in tip top condition.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.