http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6859792/texas-aggies-expected-departure-brings-us-back-brink

Basically, last year there was a big mess of the NCAA divisions based off Nebraska's and Colorado's decisions to leave the Big 12 and now it looks like A&M will leave for the SEC. It sounds like the Big 12 might be dying, this will reduce us to 9 and from there even more would leave.

It's just stupid for A&M to go to the SEC of all places though. The reasons teams are leaving is because of the two juggernauts in the conference, OU and Texas. But why would they go to the SEC, which has produced more National Champion teams in the last ten years than the big 12?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I guess they want better competition.
SEC has had 7 of the past 12 National Champion teams.
Quote by mcamp1230
I guess they want better competition.
SEC has had 7 of the past 12 National Champion teams.

A&M is three games over .500 from I think the last nine seasons. It seems like they're stuggling with the competition they have. The article makes it sound like they want to get away from the Longhorns, it's just weird to me. Why would you trade the Longhorns and the Sooners for the Gators and whatever Auburn's mascot is?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
A&M is three games over .500 from I think the last nine seasons. It seems like they're stuggling with the competition they have. The article makes it sound like they want to get away from the Longhorns, it's just weird to me. Why would you trade the Longhorns and the Sooners for the Gators and whatever Auburn's mascot is?

Money probably...
They are moving just to spite Texas b/c of their "longhorn network" and all of that controversy. TA&M has a massive inferiority complex with Texas so they are looking to move to get out of their shadow even if it means going to a tougher conference.

Anyway, no matter how bad they do in the SEC, they will still make much more money there.
Teams want to leave the Big 12 for 2 reasons.

1. They want money, thats all the NCAA and every college ever wants is money, if they can make more money in the sec then so be it.

2. The Big 12 is going down hill fast. Texas isn't the stronghold it used to be. OU will be overrated because everyone else in the Big 12 is cake football wise. Texas is still a very good baseball program but baseball doesnt bring in the big bucks(refer to reason 1).

Should have gotten out while you had the chance
Last edited by GoxGetterxGuy at Aug 14, 2011,
Quote by Woffelz
I'm British and what the hell is this?

A college football team was going to change leagues...

It's kinda dumb b/c this is supposed to be amateur sports but all anyone cares about is the money that comes in b/c of it
Quote by mcamp1230
Most definitely money.

Fix'd.

It comes down to this (in my mind):

There's more money to be made by A&M in the SEC, and plus, Texas is slowly killing the Big 12-2.

A&M will leave the Big 12, then the SEC will send the invite. Mike Slime WANTS a 16-team SEC and he's even said he could expand the SEC to 16 teams in 15 minutes. And he's right. The recruiting and money in the SEC is too much for any school with any sense to turn down should they receive an invite. The schools' AD's know this. It means more money for the member schools as well if I understand correctly.

It seems as if to me that the SEC meeting today was a ploy to say that they weren't drawing TAMU away illegally. TAMU will mos tlikely ultimately decide to give the middle finger to the Big 12-2 and the SEC will almost immediately send out the invitation to TAMU. That is IF they can get a team to join the East division... If they can get to 14 this year. Next off-season the Big 12-3(at this point) would dissolve with Texas going independent, and the rest of the schools going to either the SEC, Pac-12, MWC, C-USA, POSSIBLY the Big 10+2 or Big East. In all of this the ACC would possibly get shuffled around as well. This would also shake up the BCS system.

Like I said, this is just what I think will happen. About 80% of it won't happen, but TAMU is leaving the Big 12. They're just sick of Texas' grip on the conference. They killed the SWC and now they're killing the Big 12, they could go indy and survive...

I think...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I figured the SEC wouldn't want them. Florida State tried to get in, too, and got the door shut in their face. The SEC is as healthy as ever. They don't need to take part in any conference swapping drama.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
do they have a real playoff system yet?

ok then. still don't care.
#DTWD
Quote by JustRooster
I figured the SEC wouldn't want them. Florida State tried to get in, too, and got the door shut in their face. The SEC is as healthy as ever. They don't need to take part in any conference swapping drama.

Did ESPN tell you that?

As I understand, they(ESPN) have a vested interest in TAMU staying in the Big 12. $$$, contracts, all that good stuff...

As for FSU, I haven't really paid attention to that side, as it's being treated as an afterthought by virtually everyone...

Primusfan, Playoffs in FBS football is not very likely because of all the money the Bowl system makes... As stupid a reason as it is, it's the truth.

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JD2k9
Women make it hard.
Quote by Just_a_picker
Did ESPN tell you that?

As I understand, they(ESPN) have a vested interest in TAMU staying in the Big 12. $$$, contracts, all that good stuff...

As for FSU, I haven't really paid attention to that side, as it's being treated as an afterthought by virtually everyone...

Primusfan, Playoffs in FBS football is not very likely because of all the money the Bowl system makes... As stupid a reason as it is, it's the truth.

Nah, brah, it's been all over the internet. I'm fully capable of forming my own opinions based off facts, thank you.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Nah, brah, it's been all over the internet. I'm fully capable of forming my own opinions based off facts, thank you.

Never said that you weren't, but ESPN is really driving that point. For that reason, I either disregard anything ESPN says about it, or take what they say with a few grains of salt...

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JD2k9
Women make it hard.
Quote by Just_a_picker

The bowls are not standing in the way of a playoff. It amazes me that so many people think you can only have the bowls OR a playoff.

Here's the simplest idea:

8-team playoff with the first four games played at the traditional BCS sites and the semis and championship played somewhere else.

On top of that, everyone else that qualifies for a bowl gets to go to a bowl just like normal.

Then the only problem then is choosing the 8 teams for the playoff. You could have a selection committee like in basketball, have some sort of automatic qualifier system, or just use the top 8 teams in the BCS poll
The only reason anybody wants to leave the Big 12 is because of Texas and their "Longhorn Network". That's it. Nothing about how Texas is no longer a power house or that Oklahoma is overrated like that guy from Nebraska just said.
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.