Hi, just woke up this morning to the sound of my aunt's voice in the house. Came downstair and saw her with a guitar. She was here to give me her classical guitar that she bought in 1978.

The guitar was not played much in the last 5-6 years but had a setup last year. Just needed a little tuning.

Here are the pictures!

It's a Harmony H6230. I was not able to find much about it so if you have any infos about the guitar feel free to express yourself!

All I know is that it's a 1978 model with spruce top, rosewood sides and body and a rosewood fretboard. The action is perfect on this baby! Plus the carved head looks sick! I love it!

Nothing better than waking up in the morning with an unexpected gift like this one!
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Wow, that's a beaut! Congrats man
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
the carved head is gorgeous, hngd!
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
The sound is pretty good, not the best i've heard from a classical but the tone keeps me playing since this morning! The strings are a little old tought, maybe a change could improve the guitar.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Well, if they haven't been changed for 5 years then doing so will most likely freshen up the sound!
REGGIE
congrats - what a super present!
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
It's my first time playing a classical guitar, it makes fingerpicking sound so good!
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

Any of you guys knows anything about this guitar? I can't find much online. thx
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

I believe Harmony (along with Silvertone, Old Kraftsman, and a few others) was made by Kay out of Chicago. It was one of many "catalog" guitar back in the day.

Change those strings and enjoy her.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77